Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Comments

• ldfergldferg Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭
    yes

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • gonna say yes...that is a nice looking card...can't visibly see any EVID TRIM on that card IMO
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Yes it would. That is with the old SCD Robert. The new SCD (not affiliated) with the old has a blue label.

From my experience SCD cards are good.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Absolutely! I even bet (sorry Carol) that the card goes for $4,000 plus.
    My focus, 1970 Topps Baseball Raw and Graded, pre 1989 PSA Hockey and 1933 INDIAN GUM ! Yikes!!
  • rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭
    Cool!

Do u think it will crossover to:

PSA 7____________

PSA 8 ____________

PSA 9 ____________

Other ____________

rbd

edit: "fuzzy scan" but the corners do not look that sharp to me? My guess (if not trimmed!) would be an "eight", no? image
  • PSA 9 as these must be a slight surface issue as the sub is 9.image
    My focus, 1970 Topps Baseball Raw and Graded, pre 1989 PSA Hockey and 1933 INDIAN GUM ! Yikes!!
  • DaBigHurtDaBigHurt Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    The last time I checked, this was still a PSA message board and not the SCD message board, so I'm going to say that SCD Walter Payton is DEFINITELY trimmed. With those other companies, it's hit and miss. With PSA, you know you're getting the real deal.

Remember, if you're supporting any other company besides PSA, you're aiding and abetting the enemy who are out to destroy the graded card market. Support our graders and freedom. Support PSA! image

GO MARLINS! Home of the best fans in baseball!!

• << <i>The last time I checked, this was still a PSA message board and not the SCD message board, so I'm going to say that SCD Walter Payton is DEFINITELY trimmed. With those other companies, it's hit and miss. With PSA, you know you're getting the real deal.

Remember, if you're supporting any other company besides PSA, you're aiding and abetting the enemy who are out to destroy the graded card market. Support our graders and freedom. Support PSA! image >>

YOUR A DUMBAZZ!!!!
  • Yike! Now DaBigHurt, how are you going to get a homer when you are clearly sitting in foul territory?
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Robert

No one can tell for sure what that card would cross over to.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • I'm sure it could have the possibility of crossing over nicely, I'm not really going to predict a number from the auction pic.
    However, I have two factors to consider that I don't know about this card.

a) can't see the back side, I doubt it is centered as perfect as the front, does it have cardboard imperfections? fisheyes in the print? etc...

b) and I find this to be a recurring nuisance that bit me in the butt when I sent mine in. I found the toughest element to be the text "WALTER PAYTON" made up of yellow and green ink. It can easliy be misaligned causing a blurry shadow (or double-vision effect) even if the picture is right on the money. You can see this under magnification, but I cannot see anything that well on the auction scan. Isn't that serious enough to lower a grade?
    "I'd like to apologize to one person in particular, the man who won the 'name the team' contest and got lifetime season tickets.''

- Pittsburgh Maulers President Paul Martha, whose USFL club folded after one season.
  • sixdartsixdart Posts: 821 ✭✭
    Looks like an easy 9.
  • ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I always wonder when I see a card like that, not in a PSA holder, why didn't the owner send it there? Must be a reason, right? A PSA graded card would certainly bring him top dollar.