Home Metal Detecting
Options

Can you see the date 1871cc on my seated quarter????

All right made some interesting find's today and some cool one's.

Will get to the seated quarter in a minute,first we will start with this cool fob I found.
The fob is for the Samson Iron Work's Tractor.Samson produce a tractor called the "Sieve Grip" in Stockton,Cal. starting in 1912 untill 1919 when GM Purchased Samson an moved the operation's to Janesville,Wisconsin.GM ended production in 1922 do to loss of money and started producing Chevy's at the plant.

Front of fob say's:
Samson
Sieve Grip
Tractor's

Back say's:
Samson Sieve Grip
Manufacturing Co.
Samson Iron Work's
Stockton,Cal. U.S.A.

Here is a before cleaning with a nail stuck to it.

After cleaning and no nailimage It still need's some cleaning so am going to soak it in olive oil for awhile.

Now to the other good stuffimageHere is a piece of jewelry that tested out at 18k,not sure what it is,but it is not a ring.Then a Chinese cash coin that lost a fight with fireimage a 43s war nickel and finally the 1871cc seated quarterimagecan you see itimageWell I'm not sure of the date,but I like that one so I'm sticken with itimage
It is a seated quarter as I can just barely make out the seated lady and that's it!!

When I dug this up,I thought it was a knock-out until I saw the readed edge and knew I had a silver something.This has now topped my most worn coin.Thank's for looking and HH,Tom

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Can you see the date 1871cc on my seated quarter???? >>

No, but you sure as hell made me look! image

Hey, who cares... I like it anyway... I'll take silver any way I can get it!

Tim got the silver today, though.

The OLD silver.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options

I think I'll need to see it in hand to make a valid opinion of the coin in question.

Nice work Tom!
    Analog Rules! Knobs and Switches are cool!
    imageimage
  • Options
    Man I was bummed when I couldn't even tell what it was or see a date.But at the right angle in the light you can make out the seated lady and that is it.As for it being silver I will take itimageThat is also the first seated quarter I have found.

This site in just a few trip's has given alot of differrent coin's.

One buddy has found a 1834 1 schilling and a spanish cob,actually just a piece of it.and then my other buddy yesterday found a 1908s barber dime and a 18?? 6 pence.This site will be gone quick as there moving fast on it to get it done.HH,Tom