Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

A little Farve surprise

I was looking through some old magazines I have stored in 8.5 x 11 pages (in binders) and came across a Trading Cards mag. It was still sealed in the baggy it came in. On the baggy it said "free cards inside" . image I wondered what was in there. Of course I had to open it. Inside was:

Its fun to find a card of a star player like Favre.

If anyone wants this stuff in this pic let me know. You can have it.

Heres the mag

So If I tear out the Farve card will psa grade it?

Matt

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So If I tear out the Farve card will psa grade it? >>

Can't see why not - it would have perforated edges like the Tiger Woods card right?

Was this rhetorical? Not sure the card is worth it?

Cool pub - and gone now right?

Here's another old pub - over a decade and long gone!

I like the trader mag also. Back then, since there was no internet to amuse me, I couldn't get enough pubs to read! The weekly SCD and monthly pubs like Tuff Stuff, Beckett, Sports Card Trader etc. provided us with info and a sports card fix!

Thank you for the internet!
    thanx for sharing
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Cool stuff guys. CCP and Baseball Cards Magazine were the best, I never could get into those big tabloid sized Tuff-Stuffs when they first came out. And who can forget pouring over all of the ads and classifieds in SCD?
  • Options
    ajwajw Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    LMMan, what does the article in the magazine titled "Grading Cards: Why?" have to say? I think it'd be really interesting to see what these pubs had to say about the grading industry back in the day.
  • Options

<< <i>So If I tear out the Farve card will psa grade it? >>

Matt, I'd recommend you have the Armour graded... and send me the Favre card! image
    << image >>
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>LMMan, what does the article in the magazine titled "Grading Cards: Why?" have to say? I think it'd be really interesting to see what these pubs had to say about the grading industry back in the day. >>

I will scan it and post it in a few.

Matt