Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

My 2006 Topps Baseball Break Results

Not one game used or even one auto. Some interesting inserts. 2 Gold cards Tony Percival & Preston Wilson.
The Mantle Collection MM2003. 2K All Stars #9 Alex Rodriguez. 6 of those Barry Bonds Home Run History cards.
One the Game insert #18 Derek Jeter #19 Chad Cordero and #20 Francisco Rodriguez. Declaration of
Independence cards Button Gwinnett, Ben Franklin, Benjamin Rush and Benjamin Harrison. Then the weird
insert was the Mantle Homerun History #MHR1 I got 6 of them. This was a full box 24 packs 12 cards per
pack. Feel kinda ripped on that box. Last year wasn't too good either with boxes. Never hit anything
good either. All my finds were from winning eBay auctions.

Comments

• I got one black parallel #/55 of Chad Tracy from Arizona D'backs...that was about it

• << <i>Not one game used or even one auto >>

Not to make fun of you but you do realize what product you opened don't you?? I mean grab a wrapper and read the odds of hitting an auto or game used card. You have better odds of getting hit by lightning! The base Topps product is for set builders and not those who like auto's, etc... If you wanted that you should have spent your money on something else.
  • helionauthelionaut Posts: 1,555 ✭✭
    Did you get a #297 Alex Gordon? I need that one.
    WANTED:
    2005 Origins Old Judge Brown #/20 and Black 1/1s, 2000 Ultimate Victory Gold #/25
    2004 UD Legends Bake McBride autos & parallels, and 1974 Topps #601 PSA 9
    Rare Grady Sizemore parallels, printing plates, autographs

Nothing on ebay
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Did you get a #297 Alex Gordon? I need that one.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • man...had to go back through my box to see if I had missed the full version...

NO Gordon..image
  • more are starting to appear on eBay

3 total up there
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I bet we will be seeing more and more of these as the days go by.

Anyone that claims to have the only one will look foolish IMO.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • are all of the Bonds HR cards errors on the date?
  • BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    What did you pay for your box??

What's the 36 pack, 10 card per pack hobby boxes selling for??

I saw a neat looking Mickey Mantle bat card numbered to seven on ebay today, so there are some cool pulls out there. When I got back in the hobby in 01, i put together a topps set for fun. Did it again in 02, 03, and 04. Then got hooked on Heritage last year. I've got four boxes of heritage coming next week to start my 05 set, and that's usually my spending limit for a few months, but I can get the a couple hobby boxes for $45 per, that seems reasonable.

Any opinions??

I would do it, but I got talked into a 2005 leaf limited baseball hobby and a 2005 leaf limited football hobby earlier this week, and those 8 cards wouldn't fetch $10 total. It's a total crap shoot I guess.

shawn.
  • frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The price on that Gordon card is ridiculous. Some people have more dollars than they have sense.

Shane

• the price will bottom out once these get hot over the next 2 days and then die...