Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Uh oh....watch for the flood

Is it true the PRO grading is authenticating autographs now....my god...read their C of A....it's about as pathetic as they come...

link

Next we'll sem GEM in the game...

Anyone know how long they have been at this?

Comments

• Hey sandman, if I could ever figure out how to put a LINK on these boards, then maybe I will start a grading service ! I do have one PRO graded card in my collection...a 1987 TOPPS Barry Bonds! The poor thing looked like it was in my bike spokes!image
    My focus, 1970 Topps Baseball Raw and Graded, pre 1989 PSA Hockey and 1933 INDIAN GUM ! Yikes!!
  • Was it a PRO 10 poppie?

I looked on Pro's website (which my 8 year old could design better) and they don't mention auto authentication...

The item you are bidding is a 22 Player autograph Ted Williams jersey. All HOF'ers but one Pete Rose who should be in the HOF, and the others are Bob Feller, Bill Dickey, Whitey Ford, Hank Aaron, Mike Schimdt, Duke Snider, Eddie Matthews, Ted Williams, Reggie Jackson, Al Kaline, Willi Mays, Harmon Killebrew, Sandy Koufax, ou Brock, Ernie Banks, Mickey Mantle, Johnny Mize, Willie McCovey, Stan Musial, Joe DiMaggio, and Luke Appling, the ones in blue are the ones authenticated by PRO Grading, they clame that the other 14 are not genuine but, that is an opinion NOT a FACT, we obtained this jersey when we bought out a store here in Tampa, me and other people have looked over this jersey many time and have compaired it to other autos on ebay and stuff we have in the store and they all match so when these guys were looking over it they must have been on Crack Pro was.!! This is a true 1 of 1 no where else could you ever get another jersey with all these great players on it at the same time and 2 of the greats Yankees are on it Mantle & DiMaggio, that alone is worth alot MUST HAVE!!! please see scan for details!

• that's pathetic, the mantle and williams forgeries look aweful. some of the others look okay, but it's guilt by association - especially since the mantle is supposed to be real!

my favorite part, "Pro Grading was unable to contact Mr. Frank Ortiz of California, the one who obtained the autographs on the shirt. Because we could not talk to him, it was difficult to identify all the players signatures."

maybe because there are no players' signatures on the jersey image
  • Ty Cobb Babe RuthTy Cobb BTy CTy Cobb BTTy Cobb Babe Ruthy Ty Cobb Babe RuthCTy Cobb Babe Ruthobb Babe Ruthabe Ruthobb Babe Ruthabe RuthTy Cobb Babe RuthTy Cobb Babe RuthTy Cobb BTTy Cobb Babe Ruthy Cobb Babe Ruthabe Ruth My hand is sore but i am sending in these autographs to PRO right now !image
    My focus, 1970 Topps Baseball Raw and Graded, pre 1989 PSA Hockey and 1933 INDIAN GUM ! Yikes!!
  • sad...went for 775...I need to get my sharpie out and get some blank jerseys if PRO is authenticating autos now...interesting that the seller and Pro both located in Tampa...hmmm
  • AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    The auto they could not identify is Mike Schmidt, well it is supposed to be anyways....
  • BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Does anyone else suspect that P.T Barnum would have just loved Ebay?
  • The BANKS, is bad enough, but the Ma"TT"hews signature is even spelled incorrectly.
  • It looks like Mathews real sig does look like it has 2 T's though...

• I hope the seller, not GAI made that "Matthews" label..