Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia

1965 Topps Bobby Richardson PSA 9

I just wanted to let you guys know that I will be listing this card on eBay Sunday night. It is the toughest Yankee and the toughest minor/semi star in the set. The population for 9's is now 4 and there are no 10's. In the 20 months I've been tracking 1965 cards (while I've been building my set), I've never seen a 9 on ebay. [/card pimping image]

Comments

• goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    why the heck can't I get a fantastic scan like that.image

• << <i>why the heck can't I get a fantastic scan like that.image >>

i have an epson perfection 2480 and i scan with the lid open at the "high" setting at 300dpi.
    well I've been using 200 dpi. I'll try 300 for the next batch.
  • there are many other factors at play.

i remember your thread about scanners and you said you have the hp 1350 all-in-one. i believe this scanner uses CIS technology (contact image sensing). CIS is desirable as part of a multifunction device since the scanning unit is thin. unfortunately, the tradeoff is that it only scans flat objects. the thickness of a psa slab is enough to cause the card to appear blurry. you can play with the sharpness using photoshop, but it won't help much. the other type of scanner uses CCD (charge-coupled device) and can focus through objects of thickness.

my epson is a CCD and i also own a canon lide which is a CIS. below is a contrast of them

imageimage

i am a perfectionist so my blurry scans with the canon CIS drove me nuts, which is why I bought the epson.
  • First of all, beautiful Richardson card!

Secondly, what a difference that scanner makes! Wow! I've always wondered why my scans were not as crystal clear as others. Now, I know why.

Good luck with the Richardson card!
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • That one will bring some cake. You should have alot of bidders fighting over it.

Dave
    Visit my site @ www.djjscards.com
    I just scanned this sucker on my NEW scanner.

one is 300dpi and the other is 200dpi. I wanted to post to see if there is any difference.

imageimage
    iamthegreatcornholio

I want to thank you for your help on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• << <i>iamthegreatcornholio

I want to thank you for your help on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >>

No problem, I'm glad to see your scans come out real nice. BTW - nice card!

Brian
  • A few weeks ago a 65 Richardson in an 8 ended for $243 so your 9 should bring some nice coin. Good luck!

PS: Goose, that is an awesome 61 Santo RC, do you plan on listing it?
    Collecting Vintage Baseball.
    My ebay listings
  • theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    I paid $338 for the 1966 PSA 9 last night. It is a semi-high pop 12 but that semi-star, Yankee thing really drives up the price.

1966 PSA 9 Bobby Richardson

• << <i>I paid $338 for the 1966 PSA 9 last night. It is a semi-high pop 12 but that semi-star, Yankee thing really drives up the price.

1966 PSA 9 Bobby Richardson >>

Yeah, from the '65 set, Al Downing goes for a lot but he's the last card. Pepitone also commands a premium. My $1,200 snipe on a PSA 8 '65 Mantle got blown out of the water - it's the last card I need.

BTW, you have a real nice collection of those '66 cards!
  • theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    BTW, you have a real nice collection of those '66 cards!

thanks cornholio,

i love doing it but a 600 card seems an unbelieveable hill to climb.
    This scanner is GREAT!!! I've used it about a total of 1/2 hour and there's nothing to it!

it was 99.00!

Thanks again Corn!

• Goose, that Mathews looks nice!

My Richardson ends at 10:15 EST tonight guys