Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

I've lost first place in the Complete Dimes Set.....

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
And probably will never get it back looking at the coins in the set. The "All Dimes Collection" in the complete dime date set something to behold. I wish he or she had pics.

Anyway welcome whoever you are. Feel free to join the boards and talk dimes.

Jon

Comments

• Options
    Bummer, but I am sure you'll bounce back after a while.
    It is always confusing to me how a set with fewer coins can beat out a set with more coins.
    Such as in your case you have 66% complete, but the other is only 45% complete.
  • Options
    His are higher grades and he hasn't even put the Roosies in yet! That's why I'm in trouble. I'm just sticking with my grade ranges and do it for the fun of it, which is what I was doing before.
  • Options
    Both are really nice sets when it comes to completion of a date set. Kudos to both. I'd expect some sniping in that category across the board coming up to the awards. I collect halves and will list my complete set sooner or later.
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jon:

You still have a very nice set, one that alot of people would love to own. You are taking it well being #2 and wishing the #1 person all the best in the world and asking them to join, makes you #1 in my book. It just shows what a good person YOU really are. Thats being a class act!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    Jon,
    Please leave. We don't want anything to do with you any more image

On a serious note. I had a complete dime set until about a year ago. After finishing, I sold the post-Seated coins. I'm still looking to upgrade a few Busties, waiting for the right coins...
  • Options
    But wait.......I'm back in first again!!

By several hundreths even.

Jon
  • Options
    PQpeacePQpeace Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭
    Jon,
    keep on plugging..
    That will be a fantastic when completed!
    Larry
    Larry Shapiro Rare Coins - LSRC
    POB 854
    Temecula CA 92593
    310-541-7222 office
    310-710-2869 cell
    www.LSRarecoins.com
    Larry@LSRarecoins.com

PCGS Las Vegas June 24-26
    Baltimore July 14-17
    Chicago August 11-15
  • Options
    leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,356 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I imagine this "All Dimes Collection" collector is making his own as I couldn't track any of his recent additions through auctions so I don't believe he/she is just buying up a bunch eggs to fast build a registry grid. I hope they come on here and join in.

Leo

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

• Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like you going to play top of the heap for a while. I see your back on top!

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dimeman:

Better start buying up those 1911 VG08 dimes because you just got kicked out of first again!

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    I hear ya Paul.

I have bunch of coins to submit, plus a deal I'm working on that will bring me an 1846 and maybe a few Busties.

Later, Jon