Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

One thing you want more than anything and can afford but can't find.

Title says it all.. What's the #1 item you want more than anything that you would buy at the drop of a hat for full value but you just can't seem to find it..

For me it would be a game used Terry Sawchuk stick.

Closest I came was this busted up one.. I didn't bid enough to win it.

- Garret

Comments

• Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    not really anything for me. e-bay, public auctions, dealer websites and this message board open far TOO many outlets for my $$$ to drivel away.

america is the place w/ tall trees that go high into the sky and wants that far outexceed the needs.

Julen
    TGIF

RIP GURU
  • Options
    ROCKDJRWROCKDJRW Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    I have a few:
    Andre The Giant Cut Autograph (to have knuckles make a card out of)
    Ozzie Guillen/ Dusty Baker Subway resturaunt advertising
    Ozzie Guillen Pepsi Can from Venezuala
    Collect Ozzie Guillen Cards
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    A nice 57 Topps Brooks Robinson rookie. Have looked at several, even had one graded a BVG 7.5 but unfortunately it was a '57 mini, in my opinion. Of course, I don't know that I can afford one now that I just bought a 57 PSA 9 Clemente.
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    Cindy Crawford...image
  • Options
    That puck that slipped between Glen Halls' pads on May 10, 1970.

Small Windows Media file from HHOF: (Cut ahead to 5:20 for "The Goal")

Bobby Orr bio;
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Andre The Giant Cut Autograph (to have knuckles make a card out of) >>

Cool beans! I look forward to making that for you. I never thought of Wrestling autographs.
  • Options
    I'm going to stay on the stick angle with my response.

A long time ago (okay only three years ago) I had a really nice stick collection. I shared an apartment with this woman who, quite honestly, I didn't want to be with anymore. Anyway, things went south real fast and I moved out, but she swiped and 'lost' my stick collection. It pains me because the sticks I lost were, among others

2 Al Iafrate Bruins sticks (Iafrate is my all time favorite--I have 4 sticks of his right now)

Denis Potvin stick from his final season in Buffalo

a very special Mike Keane/Guy Carbonneau stick from the playoffs where Keane ran out of sticks and being he used the same make/model as Guy he got one of Guy's sticks, scratched out the 21 and wrote 12 on top of it

A Yves Racine Flames stick signed by the 96-97 team
    A Curtis Joseph Oilers stick signed by the 96-97 team

Both the Cujo and Racine sticks were obtained in Edmonton after a game in which I got to meet both teams--I did some networking/telecom work for a handful of schools in Edmonton at the time (at a deep discount) and Zarley Zalapski caught wind and approached me about going to the game and treated me to meeting the teams.

I would give almost anything to get back those sticks...
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind a set of ring used Marvin Hagler gloves, I guess they might as well be signed ( if your gonna dream, dream big ) image .
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    NMT-MT or better 1974 OPC NHL cards. The money is no problem, but good luck finding any that are centered.
  • Options
    1993 Refractor Bernie Williams (seriously).
  • Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know where to start. I need a bunch of rare inserts and test issues of the St Louis Cardinals. I have been looking for a 1948 Topps Magic Photo of Rogers Hornsby for about a year. I finally found one on Ebay. Of course, I was going to bid at the last minute and I forgot to bid. I was sick when I found out that it only went for $11.00. I was furious. That's when I signed up for Just Snipe.

Besides rare test issues, I guess the answer would be 4 1963 Jello Cardinals short prints - Gotay, McDaniel, Oliver, and James.

Shane

• Options
    QUITCRABQUITCRAB Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭
    I want/need/want-a 67 topps punch out of BROOKS ROBINSON-I have the money,but I cant find it.
    I also need a full 1965 Bazooka box with BROOKS on it-that should be out there somewhere,but It wont come my way. Scott
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    High-grade 1977 VZ Sticker of Schmidt
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Cindy Crawford...image >>

Sandman

If you can afford Cindy...

You're my new hero!

Mike
  • Options
    Knucks

Just want you to know that this is a really good question.

The people who have finely honed interests, this definitely applies - like Mikeschmidt e.g.

But, there is one item that doesn't come up very often that I would like and could afford is a T3 tobacco pack/box with the coupon enclosed.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    This thread reminds me of Stephen King's "Needful Things". You guys can have all of this for the small price of... your soul.

Anyone remember what cards the kid gets in the film?
  • Options
    was it a 52 Mantle ?
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

All my autographs of Black and White photo's of Movies Stars from the 40's to the 70's that i personally bought/ received . That tan album disappeared years ago and haven't seen it since.
  • Options
    I'm all most positive it was a 53 mantle....... Damn now I gotta go check.

Ed
  • Options
    It was a 56 Mantle.............
  • Options
    onlyanumber.. That sucks. She would have had to put a restraining order on me in order to try and take them from me.

<< <i>Andre The Giant Cut Autograph (to have knuckles make a card out of >>

How about Andre's boots!
    LINK image

<< <i>T3 tobacco pack/box with the coupon enclosed
    Marvin Hagler gloves
    Cindy Crawford
    a full 1965 Bazooka box with BROOKS on it
    etc..
    >>

Those are quite the items
  • Options
    ROCKDJRWROCKDJRW Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭
    I bet Andre's boots would make a TON of ring worn cards!
    Collect Ozzie Guillen Cards
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    What's the #1 item you want more than anything that you would buy at the drop of a hat for full value but you just can't seem to find it>>>>

The lottery ticket with the winning powerball numbers on it !

• Options

<< <i>This thread reminds me of Stephen King's "Needful Things". You guys can have all of this for the small price of... your soul.

Anyone remember what cards the kid gets in the film? >>

Was it a '56 Koufax ?
  • Options
    i believe it was a 56 mantle

i would like a mid-grade, centered '52 topps mantle.
  • Options
    Pretty sure in the book it was a '56 Koufax... the movie who knows
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>This thread reminds me of Stephen King's "Needful Things". You guys can have all of this for the small price of... your soul.

Anyone remember what cards the kid gets in the film? >>

I think it was a Sandy Koufax card...
  • Options
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Back on topic, I have been looking for a 1994 Upper Deck Marshall Faulk card #7 PSA 10. Never have seen on Ebay. I have about 10 and all have touched corners. Must be a condition sensative set. Only five 10's out of 126 sub'd.

Matt
  • Options
    if anyone is a teacher, assign reading this book and give a test - any student who answers "56 mantle" gets an F image
  • Options

<< <i>if anyone is a teacher, assign reading this book and give a test - any student who answers "56 mantle" gets an F image >>

Mike
  • Options

I NEED a 1935 Rice Stix Paul Dean to go with this beauty:

If anyone has or knows anyone who has the Paul Dean card, let me know! PLLLEEEAAAASSSEEE!
  • Options
    A long happy/healthy life!
  • Options
    fastball

That is a beauty - didn't you post it before? It looks familiar.

Is it a problem finding it as such? Or, finding it in that grade?

I gotta be honest - I know zip about the set.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    I didn't know anything about the set either until I found this one raw at a local shop and took a chance, (same shop that had the 63 fleer checklist that came back a PSA 9). I haven't been able to find any examples of the Paul Dean for sale, or anyone who has one. There was a Dizzy dean on ebay just recently in SGC 50 (PSA 4) that went for $787. I think these cards (its a 2 card set) were bonuses for people who bought rice-stix shirts? I think there are 10 examples of each graded by PSA. Anyway, if anyone has a lead on a Paul Dean (in any condition), it would be much appreciated!
  • Options
    Amazing that the card came from 1935. It doesn't look like it.

I did some searching for you and I couldn't even find a picture of the Paul Dean let alone one for sale. I found this 1930’s Dizzy & Paul Dean Rice-Stix Mechanical Pencil.. went for $366.02 on Lelands some time ago. Not trying to dump something else rare to find on you but I thought it would be pretty cool to go along with the two cards imo..

• Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭
    1959 Detroit Tigers autographed official american league ball.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,751 ✭✭✭
    Did somebody say 74 OPC ?
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    1970 Topps Psa 9 Jan Stenerud
  • Options
    1989 Fleer Glossy Ken Griffey Jr. centered mint or already graded PSA 9 or 10? I still think one does not exist?
    Collector Focus

• Options
    There's 1048 PSA 10 '89 Fleers, there's plenty of hope! Good luck! image
  • Options
    Garret
    I am refering to the glossy one not the regular one I could buy each and every day of my life until I am 87. The Glossy were limited to I think 5000 but could be wrong o la?

John
    Collector Focus

• Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    1988 Topps Cloth #24 (R.Clemens) and to a lesser extent, #23 (R.Clemens AS)

I haven't even seen any commons for this test issue.