Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

89 hoops

busting a case. so far opened 2 boxes - no robinson, bird, nor jordan all-star and only 1 jordan (damaged corner). is this normal collation????

i figured since it was a 300 card set, 2 wax boxes (1080 cards) would yield at least one of the cards mentioned above.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06

Comments

• Options
    Series one I'm guessing?? How much did that run you??
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    affirmitive on the series 1. $150. i'm going to be breaking more this weekend. if i have similar luck with 2 more boxes, i'm going to email the seller. would you do the same?

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    Well if it came from a sealed case I'm not sure how much at fault the seller would be. Could just be a couple of bad boxes and it could pick up down the line as you open more.
  • Options
    some boxes didn't have any Robinson's..other will have 2-3....he is however a shortprint (ie only series one...as are other cards from that set...they changed them when series 2 was released)

The cards DO come in sequence...and being that you can see through the wrapper, they can be scanned or scammed for the stars. 10 years ago, someone MIGHT do that....today..why bother...

If the case was sealed and legit..you'll be fine with it!!
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    thanks. i'm getting ready to bust 2 more boxes and will keep you guys in the loop... i'm sure it's just a matter of collation.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will confirm that the series 1 Robinson was reported as a SP back when.

I bought one box back in 92 - paid 39$ for it and got 2 Robinsons. Neither were perfectly centered.

Good luck LD!
    mike
    Mike