Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1967 Ws/Palmer PSA 8.... $321 WTF

Never thought this card was this rare

1967 #152 WS/Jim Palmer

Now what can we speculate about "danh" with his 100% feedback and his 26 or so BIDS? (Someone we know?)
Classic case of 2 guys really gotta have it now??

(I got my PSA 8 for $41 in 05/04)
ebay:1967topps
1967 Topps baseball wantlists (any condition) welcome. #14 ATF 1967 set. Yet another collector like skylaneflyer, gimel1 who made it to the completion of 1967 only to need the money more than the company of 609 close friends.
Looking for 1967 Mets, yankees, and 1968 Tigers in PSA 7 and Venezuelan Norm Cash stuff

Comments

• Options
    I was logging prices a while back & it was going for an average of $42.47 in PSA 8.

This one was very nicely centered ... BUT ...

A case of get out of the way & let them fight it out between the two of themimage

Jonathan
    Baseball HOF Autographs
    Topps Baseball 1967
    Mike Payne's 300 Great Cards
    MVPs in their MVP years
    and T206???
  • Options
    I saw that as well and think both bidders are crazy. I believe I paid around $30 for mine a few years ago and can not imagine that it's worth anywhere near $300 now. Last year there were two 9's which sold for around $225 (which was just over what I was willing to pay, so I still don't have that card in 9). The last 9 which sold went for just over $500 I believe.

Robert
    Looking for:
    Any high grade OPC Jim Palmer
    High grade Redskins (pre 1980)
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    Money wise common sense went right out the window there. God I love sports cards.
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    That is nuts. I paid around $225 for my "9" about 2 years ago.
  • Options
    bxbbxb Posts: 805 ✭✭
    I believe at least one of the bidders is very close to completing the set in 8 or better, so it was a "must have" card.
    Capecards
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done the gotta have it now, but that's ridiulous. Way too much...

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    Might that have been "Dahn" West on a manic bidding rant???
  • Options
    That kind of bidding pattern is every seller's dream!
  • Options
    Happy with my 7. And with prices like that, I better be! And mine is just as nice. Isn't that right Paul?!
    Orioles cards from 1960 to today.

Be good my brothers.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about the 1971 WS card that just went for slightly north of $200?
  • Options
    RipkenRipken Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    I think it's just two guys who want the card now to complete their sets. There's a card in a different set I've been after in a PSA 9 for a long time. I used to bid $25-35 which was the going rate. After losing 4-5 times and never seeing the card in the last few months, I guarantee my next bid will be a lot higher. Patience only lasts so long..and if you're like those guys and apparently have the cash, sometimes you go for it I guess!

(Wish some of my '67s closing tonight would get that kind of action!)
  • Options
    Ripken at least your auctions say "partial set"
    How about that goof Lilian something who is putting up 1 day 1967 "complete set" auctions.
    yeah, a complete set of 100 cards...
    ebay:1967topps
    1967 Topps baseball wantlists (any condition) welcome. #14 ATF 1967 set. Yet another collector like skylaneflyer, gimel1 who made it to the completion of 1967 only to need the money more than the company of 609 close friends.
    Looking for 1967 Mets, yankees, and 1968 Tigers in PSA 7 and Venezuelan Norm Cash stuff
  • Options
    RipkenRipken Posts: 559 ✭✭✭
    There should be two categories for anyone selling cards.
    One for those who know the hobby...another for those who are totally clueless about what constitutes a 'set' or "mint" card. Every time I see those listings, I think of the poor people who buy that stuff expecting the seller's description to be accurate and later learn the truth.