Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

This will be the most expensive 06 heritage base card

Not Bonds, Not Arod, but the recently cut Alex Gordon cut out card!!! He was supposed to be cut from 06 topps, but some "accendently" got
put into the product.....it sold for 75 bucks on ebay. Nothing sells product like an error card that wasn't supposed to be in the product....will
your heritage set be complete without one?

Kevin

Comments

• gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Odd looking card!

Alex Gordon...Sort of!
  • joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    funny that the seller is from a town right down the street from topps..hmmmm..nothing like a little positive advertisment! Will 2006
    products need this extra kick in the pants...I think so!

shades of Lavar Arrington and Edge of Tennessee....I though Topps was above that?

This is also the first year of the all women ran topps..will we benifit from a women's touch this year?

Kevin
  • pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

WTF?
    ·p_A·
  • any idea as to how many got out?
  • StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    There are 4 or so on Ebay.

Stingray
  • They probably aren't even in the product, but are being used to hype it up so more and more people scramble hoping to make a few bucks. Topps probably sent a few out to dealers to mess with collectors so they would freak and have to keep buying to obtain something they won't find.
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭
    stalin,
    ..."shades of Lavar Arrington and Edge of Tennessee"... >>> can you elaborate?

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    The 75.00 I spent on a mint 65 common does not look too bad now that i see someone would pay 75.00 for a 'card' that is only of the border.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,740 ✭✭✭
    knuckles should be able to make one of these cards himself....

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • How can these sellers call these 'die cut' cards mint???? There's a freaking big squared hole in the middle of the card?! I've gotten some fragments of cards in packs in the past--just that sliver of cardboard that somehow made it into the pack that's about 1/4 inch high and 2 1/2 inches long... Maybe I should sell them as one of ones...

Question is, would PSA actually grade the Alex Gordon big hole card?
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Edge made a Lavar Arrington card back in 2000..it was a rookie card and he wasn't supposed to have any, so they cut it out and and some
    slipped into packs..I mean? why go to the trouble of making these cut out cards...wouldn't burning them be better..unless you wanted
    some to slip out?

Kevin
  • Companies do grade these cards. I remember seeing the Upper Deck Arrington sell for big bucks being graded Gem Mint