Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Tricky situation...

I have been buying from a dealer for the past year, raw on eBay. Until now I have been thrilled with my purchases. Today however, I got 20 some lots and all were described as NM. In the past, he has described many cards as NM that actually were NM to NM/MT to MINT cards.

The problem is, I spent a lot of $$ and about 7 of the 30 cards were EX at best. One had a wax stain and the rest had surface creases. The corners and edges were all NM or better in some cases, but it really bothers me as these weren't subtle surface problems. They all could be seen with my naked eye in a terribly lit room.

What would you do?
EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions

Comments

• julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    contact dealer and tell them what happened.

most reputable dealers will not have to read between the lines, they will do right by you and make things right.

sorry to hear about this, but we all make errors, at least you didnt buy a pound of grass from him and he only gave you 3/4 of a pound. now that would be a pretty hard to explain...

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>contact dealer and tell them what happened.

most reputable dealers will not have to read between the lines, they will do right by you and make things right.

sorry to hear about this, but we all make errors, at least you didnt buy a pound of grass from him and he only gave you 3/4 of a pound. now that would be a pretty hard to explain...

Julen >>

Good point, and if it were the grass I think I would have already been over there with a baseball bat image

I know contacting him is the move, and I intend to, but I was also wondering to the normal collector if these surface flaws mean as much as they do to us with PSA in control of our brains.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear this Zef

I assume an auction vs. ebay store?

Did he give decent scans?

I would email him - be friendly but firm about your feelings - history of purchasing etc.

LHK how you are and want to continue to be a good customer and like referring people to his auctions since he has always delivered in the past.

Good luck
    mike
    Mike