Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1951 Bowman Mantle PSA 9 @ $57,062.31 Goodwins Auction

1 1951 Bowman #253 Mickey Mantle PSA 9 Mint 13 $20000.00 $ 57062.31 . I am going to bed !!image
My focus, 1970 Topps Baseball Raw and Graded, pre 1989 PSA Hockey and 1933 INDIAN GUM ! Yikes!!

Comments

• Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Is this what it ended at??? Wow!
  • Options
    well that's one card I did not bid on! lol
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!
  • Options
    dizzyfoxxdizzyfoxx Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭
    image Way overpriced IMHO.image
    image...There's always time for coin collecting. image
  • Options
    Several yrs ago Sportcards plus sold a PSA 9 off a SCD ad for $100K
    How do u think he feels
    buys a premium card in top grade & lost almost 1/2 of his investment
    IMHO opinion the 51B Mantle rookie is not getting it's due for such a important card
  • Options
    A761506A761506 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭
    It actually wound up going for just over $67K with the 17.5% buyers premium.

I was bidding pretty heavily late last night on a few lots but wound up bowing out on all 3 of them after a duel, likely with the same guy, on all 3 lots.
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭
    The last record I have of a Mantle 9 selling was for $43,700 in Superior's Nov. '03 auction, so this one went for $24,000 more. Wow!
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options

<< <i> was bidding pretty heavily late last night on a few lots but wound up bowing out on all 3 of them after a duel, likely with the same guy, on all 3 lots. >>

I went to bed and thought that i won five only to wake up with two. I am not sure why I bid so high for the Ty Cobb PSA 9 W551 strip card lot #137 which was cloned from Lot #132 the 1919-21 W514, but I now own both! Gotta go now and keep my Turbo Lister going so i will have the cashflow to pay when the Visa bill comes! image
    My focus, 1970 Topps Baseball Raw and Graded, pre 1989 PSA Hockey and 1933 INDIAN GUM ! Yikes!!