Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

busting an 88 topps fb box (2 actually)

Wow! for all the HOFers in this set, the boxes seem cheap ($12 each)

I've gotten a few gems in the first half box.

does anyone know a site where I can host big images and link to it? Photobucket doenst work too well for me. I use tinypic and imageshack but they wont work with bigger pics. thanks
John
Collecting
HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS

Comments

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭✭
    figured it out.. image
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    I loved this set as a kid, came out in the 5th grade for me.
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice pics!

Ya can't beat rippin' packs for 12$ per!

How many cards to the set?

I like the Elway shot.
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,363 ✭✭✭✭
    looks like the set has a good 396 cards. The boxes had 540 cards each plus 36 glossy '1000 yard club' inserts.

I can't really get anywhere to hosts scans very well for me (although I did get that one to work)

I got about 3 or 4 or so each of Walter Payton, Rice, Young, Montana, Marino, and Elway. I got 2 Bo Jackson RC's and 0 Vinny Testaverde RC's (boo!)

I pulled out 37 cards that were either a superstar card that I thought was a psa 9 or better or a minor star/hall of fame type (James lofton, marcus allen, too tall jones, mcmahon, craig, winslow, etc) that had a shot at a 10. I'll scan some and maybe get an opinion or 2 from you guys on them. thanks
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    I don't know if it makes sense to grade them from a monetary point of view, but otherwise it's cool.
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!
  • Options
    Ahh... Bo Jackson. I remember that football rookie card. I paid like 15 bucks for it back in the day. I remember going to card shows and people were selling Bo cards for about 50 times book value. I remember vividly people with a 1988 score baseball bo jackson and they were charging 30 dollars for it.
    Does anyone else remember how inflated Bo prices were in the early 90's.
    Bo knows!!
    Always collecting vintage basketball and any ABA memorabilia.
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    john, try www.pixagogo.com for your photo hosting.. i use it all the time.. it's $5/month for unlimited everything..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perry
    I use Geocities - it's free and they're up to allowing 500mb of space!

And that's a lot IMO.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    I remember back in 90 with 90 score that you couldn't even find that product due to the hype of the Bo Football/Baseball card. If you could find it, shops had jacked the prices up on the packs. Now it's like a .50 cent card.
  • Options
    How bout the Billy Spiers error card in that same set that was book at like 50 dollars for some reason. Now you can get it for a nickel!
    Always collecting vintage basketball and any ABA memorabilia.