Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Working Hard on a PSA Submission

Well guys...

Mr Procrastinator went ahead and picked 6 cards - filled out all the paperwork and stuff - put the cards in their PSA supplied semi rigids with the bright stickers.

Final cut:

T206 Davis, 75T Ryan, 82T Ripken, 1915CJ Groom, 78T Dawson and 83T Sandberg

Separated the voucher they enclosed this past year and then....

The expiration date hit me!!!

1/16/06!!!!

I'm sending it in anyways and calling - I was planning on renewing.

I guess I'm now AHEAD of the complimentary vouchure for 2007!

edit: If PSA gives me a break and accepts the vouchure, I'll be the first to report it back!
Mike

Comments

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The expiration date hit me!!!

1/16/06!!!! >>

Matt
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Mike,
    Do you have a scan of the T206 Davis that you could share???

Thanks,
    Mark
  • Options
    not good about the expiration date. Hopefully they will honor it.
    Running an Ebay store sure takes a lot more time than a person would think!
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>not good about the expiration date. Hopefully they will honor it. >>

Mike, While I hope they do, I highly doubt it. They are STRICT about their vouchers.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Mike,
    Do you have a scan of the T206 Davis that you could share???

Thanks,
    Mark >>

Mark
    I thought I did but can't find it in my file!

I'll scan it when it comes back from PSA - I'll ask them to keep the stuff since I will be getting a new membership anyways.

Procrastination is the thief of time AND money!

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Mike,

Best of luck with the submission! Did I get you into gear or what???

Your pal,

Josh
  • Options
    A quick question. Can the 6 free submissions be any cards? I have some hostess panels and some 1973 Topps lids. Do they have limitations on the cards you can submit with the vouchers? Thanks for any help.
  • Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭✭
    No, they do not have limits on the free submissions. I have sent in 1964 Topps Giants for my six free subs before. I also called PSA one time, and they told me I could even send in tickets for my free submissions.

Don
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    Mike- this should give you hope. My mother is getting up there in her years and sometimes quite forgetful. This past christmas she surprised me with gift certs. to PSA. Needless to say I was thrilled, but thought it odd, because it was last year when I asked for them. I look at the expiration date and, just like you, expired. She had bought them last year and forgot to give them to me, so she waited until this christmas. I called and talked to a few people and a wonderful lady named Annabelle ok'd them and said I could still use them. Very awesome gesture by the customer service bunch. Two thumbs up!! Give it a try, never hurts to ask.

Chris
  • Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭
    I'm no lawyer, but in California and some other states, "Gift Certificates" can never expire by state law, even if they have an expiration date. I had reason to test this out recently when I was going through my mom's estate and found some long expired Macy's certificates. Took them to a local store and they took them without question.

PSA vouchers may or may not be considered gift certificates but I'll bet you could make an argument for same.

As crsportscards33 said, it never hurts to ask (nicely, I might add).
  • Options
    Mike:

Your 1975 Ryan is off the chart!

Another scan, please!?
  • Options

<< <i>Mike- this should give you hope. My mother is getting up there in her years and sometimes quite forgetful. This past christmas she surprised me with gift certs. to PSA. Needless to say I was thrilled, but thought it odd, because it was last year when I asked for them. I look at the expiration date and, just like you, expired. She had bought them last year and forgot to give them to me, so she waited until this christmas. I called and talked to a few people and a wonderful lady named Annabelle ok'd them and said I could still use them. Very awesome gesture by the customer service bunch. Two thumbs up!! Give it a try, never hurts to ask.

Chris >>

Chris
    I spoke with Julius today on the phone - I renewed my membership and he told me he would check and didn't see it as a problem.

I'm hoping for the same - he was very nice and courteous.

I ALSO, never got my vouchure for PSA/DNA from 18 months ago and forgot about it! He's checking that also.

I will be reporting my stuff from now on so the good people here will embarass me with my Procrastination!

thanx
    mike
    Mike
  • Options

<< <i>Mike:

Your 1975 Ryan is off the chart!

Another scan, please!? >>

NJ

Thanx!

When it comes back from PSA, I'll scan/post it in the holder. I'm hoping for a 9 but will be happy with the 8.

Someone asked for a scan of my T206 I also submitted but can't find it - and I know I posted it a long time ago.

My guess? It was one of the original "monthly" files which I deleted - which makes no sense - should have kept it.

But, I will be showing a scan of the card when it returns.
    mike

Mike