Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Mantle Auto

Mantle Auto

Is it just me or does this auto look odd to anyone else? I have nevr seen one quite like it before.

Comments

• Options
    That can't be right.....why would a score pinnacle card be certified by a scoreboard stamp?

The sig looks too feminine too....is that a heart connected to the "M" in mantle?

Even if it was legit.....many of those scoreboard stamps were acquired by unsavory individuals, creating the same authenticity questions that surrounds the star basketball cards.
    Duner a.k.a. THE LSUConnMan
    lsuconnman@yahoo.com

• Options
    I agree - that does not look like a legit Mantle auto.
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭
    That is certainly questionable. I have 3 signed-in-person autos of Mantle. The flutters under the "M's" are odd.... let alone the controvercy about dates of production. The Ebay tally supports this - $51 bucks with 10 minutes to go with a BIN of $310. Good to see all are not dupes. Regards.
    Proud of my 16x20 autographed and framed collection - all signed in person. Not big on modern - I'm stuck in the past!
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    99% of all Score Board autos with the embossed stamp are fake. Someone took a legit SB auto card with the stamp to a company who makes the embossers and had one made like it. They then started signing everything and embossing it. A lot of the seller were from Taiwan and other places in Asia, but there were some in the US aswell. eBay actually cracked down on them and a while back there were not too any on ebay.
  • Options
    Well it went for $150.00
    I've got to get one of those embossers, and just be careful not to sign any Mantles that were printed after early 1995.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    There is no doubt that Mantle is fake.
  • Options
    jad22jad22 Posts: 535 ✭✭
    I think that is a fake.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭
    No questions in my mind it's fake as well.