Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Thank you to my CU bretheren !!!!

Just wanted to send out a thanks to you guys for the info and knowledge you've shared with me since I arrived at CU. Recently I experienced two instances of purchasing questionable cards from sellers. Through your opinions and facts I was able to confront both of these people about issues I might not been aware of in the past had I not found you guys.

One issue invovled 2 T206's that were CCC Reprint 1986's(sold as vintage), with the name visibly scratched off the back. I filed a fraud complaint with eBay/PayPal and it is currently being reviewed. Seller tried to fall back on "well I'm not a card dealer so I didn't know" logic, but the guy deals in antiquities and coins....HE KNEW VERY WELL. You don't even need a loupe to see it.

Second was a '62 Hank Aaron who's PSA case had been cracked for a switch out. I wouldn't even have been looking for this kind of thing in the past but recent posts here made me aware of it. So when I received the card something didn't look quite right and upon checking it under the loupe it became obvious. Seller offered refund, seems agreeable, I'll keep you posted with PSA cert# so you Aaron collectors can steer clear of this one.

So again guys, thanks for the friendship,camaraderie, and brotherhood here at CU image
It's really appreciated and valued
Norm
For the love of the game
And the cards that go with it

Comments