Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

****Question for my fellow Lincoln Cent collectors with crossover experience****

Despite the fact that I have two lovely MS69RD SF Lincolns in my registry set, I went ahead and purchased 2005-P & D BUSINESS STRIKE lincolns that are both graded MS69RD by NGC. I will be crossing these coins over to PCGS holders...and, for the record, I am fully expecting to be bumped down a point on both coins and, if all goes as planned, both will cross as 68RD's (it would be a bonus for me if one or both crossed at 69RD). I am expecting this mainly because of how much more stringent PCGS is on lincolns at this time and the SUPER low pops for the 2005 business strike (NON-SF) coins at PCGS in 67, 68 & 69.

My question is this: Is it smarter to leave the coins in their NGC holders or should I crack them out to submit. A voice inside my head says leave them in the holder so the graders can see that they were designated a 69RD across the street - despite the fact that the graders might have a tendency to "prove the other guy wrong" and downgrade each coin image .The other voice is telling me to crack them out so the graders do not ever know that they were in their competitors holders???

I'm leaning more towards leaving them in the NGC holders.....but I'd love to hear some opinions of what would you all would do if you were in my shoes?

Comments