Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Hockey

I am very dissapointed that the USA and Canada teams are out of the Metal Round, already! I will root for Sweden with four Detroit Red Wings on the team from here on out. Anyone care, but me???image
My focus, 1970 Topps Baseball Raw and Graded, pre 1989 PSA Hockey and 1933 INDIAN GUM ! Yikes!!

Comments

• Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    I'll pull for Selanne and the Fins now that Canada and the US are out of the picture.

Pretty pathetic.image
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    Though I would have liked to see the U.S. and Canada go further the games have been amazing. I am a Rangers fan so it will be tough deciding who to root for. So many Rangers are playing for the Czechs against Sweden, but Lundqvist is the man so.........guess I will just root for a good game and for all them to do well.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭
    Both the U.S. and Canada didn't play like they wanted it enough. Who would have bet that Canada of all teams would have been shut out three times. However, if I'm a teammate of one of those goalies who shut out Canada (Martin Gerber (Sabres/Swiss) or Evgeni Nabokov (Sharks/Russians)) I'm going to hope he'll come back with tons of confidence- just in time for a Cup run.
  • Options
    I think the Canadian team looked slow and old. In hindsight the team may have been better off with the younger stars like Crosbey.

In my opinion, the team consisted of too much glory and not enough guts.

I turned on the TV when Canada was playing the Swiss, and I thought to myself, we're getting beat up by a bunch of army knives, heh heh.

Go Finland image
  • Options
    Pull for the Scandanvians.
  • Options
    I agree with nightcrawler! The Canadian team AND the US team were too slow and old for that syle hockey. The Finns and Sweds adjusted instantly and the Russians were a tad behind them. North America never made the transition!!!!!!
    My focus, 1970 Topps Baseball Raw and Graded, pre 1989 PSA Hockey and 1933 INDIAN GUM ! Yikes!!
  • Options
    I'm thinking the Czech's can win it all if Vokoun can play well from here out.

Bob C.
    57 Topps (83%) 7.61
    61 Topps (100%) 7.96
    62 Parkhurst (100%) 8.70
    63 Topps (100%) 7.96
    63 York WB's (50%) 8.52
    68 Topps (39%) 8.54
    69 Topps (3%) 9.00
    69 OPC (83%) 8.21
    71 Topps (100%) 9.21 #1 A.T.F.
    72 Topps (100%) 9.39
    73 Topps (13%) 9.35
    74 OPC WHA (95%) 8.57
    75 Topps (50%) 9.23
    77 OPC WHA (86%) 8.62 #1 A.T.F.
    88 Topps (5%) 10.00
  • Options
    nightcrawlernightcrawler Posts: 5,110 ✭✭
    Fins took a silver last round, Sweds snatched the gold.

I can't wait to see the young fellers go at er for Canada and the USA. Brings back a great memory of when the Canadian JRs smashed Ovetchkin so bad he left the ice just in time to avoid drowning in a pool of his own tears... ahh, good times. image

We'll see if Alexander is up to playin for his country, because he ain't much of a team player. image
  • Options
    MULLINS5MULLINS5 Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭
    hush, i like ovechkin image
  • Options

Ovechkin's great, I know. But this isn't really hockey anymore... It's the Cold War.

• Options
    I hope the coverage of the hockey is better than last time.

The US coverage of Olympics on television has been terrible.

If I thought I could afford it, I would fly to Vancouver and watch games in person - or even in a bar in B.C.

This looks to be a much anticipated tournament. Canadians will be coming full guns as hosts.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Fins took a silver last round, Sweds snatched the gold.

I can't wait to see the young fellers go at er for Canada and the USA. Brings back a great memory of when the Canadian JRs smashed Ovetchkin so bad he left the ice just in time to avoid drowning in a pool of his own tears... ahh, good times. image

We'll see if Alexander is up to playin for his country, because he ain't much of a team player. image >>

Anybody who pots 121 goals in two seasons is a team player.

Edit to add: I look for the Ruskies to blow up on Team Canada in the gold medal match. I'm just looking at the lines that the Russians should be trotting out on the big ice and it's hard to imagine that the Canadians can hang. AO, Datsyuk, Kovalchuk, Malkin, Semin... If they remain committed to winning it's hard to see how they lose.
  • Options

I fail to see the logic Boo, how's the rooskies gonna win without even one single Canadian on their team?