Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Christy Mathewson throws a "Knuckle" Ball!!!

Hey Fellas!

Just had to share and give credit to Knuckles (Garret Morrison) for my Latest signature cuts. The guy make's some of the sweetest cuts that blown you away. First of all I had a Christy Mathewson signature cuts card made by him and it blew me away. So I sent the guy more signatures to play around with and this is what he came up with.

All cuts are 3x5 (Tall boy design) except the the Mathewson which is 4x6.

The Christy Mathewsons autograph failed to pass PSA/DNA I contacted the seller who sold me the auto, he stated the autograph is real and will give me a FULL refund, however I let him know that the autograph has been altered and turned into a card for my collection. I showed him some scans, and he was amazed and asked to buy the card back for more than what it cost to make. I decided to keep it. The seller who sold me the auto said that it was removed from a 1902 baseball book that was falling apart with heavy water and mold damage with 5 other signatures, the only other autograph he reconized was hall of famer was Walter Johnson, he cut up the signatures to sell them seperately to see if it would fetch a better price. I also bid on that signature, but didn't win. He assured me that the book once had a PSA/DNA sticker on it and had proof of a PSA/DNA letter which he still has somewhere and that the signatures are all authentic. He will send a photo copy to me. What I don't understand is PSA/DNA wouldn't slab this card because the card is 4X6 in size and they just stop slabbing 4x6 that week and was told that PSA doesn't slab 4x6 size anymore. Just to get a PSA/DNA sticker, I was told I'd had to cough up another $50 to have it looked at by the experts. Which they did, and stated Questionable on the invoice. I didn't recieve any letter or reason why it didn't pass. Usually if you cough up another $50. a letter comes with it, didn't even get that, just a bunch of PSA junk mail. I'm currently in the process of getting a 2nd oppinion from a different expert what ever the outcome may be this card is truely my favorite, what a keeper!!!

Thanks so much Knuckles!!!
You Rock!!!

Jery
Jery's T206 set: Looking for PSA 6's & 7's!

Comments

• Options
    calleochocalleocho Posts: 1,569 ✭✭
    nice work!

Good luck on getting it authenticated.

"Women should be obscene and not heard. "
    Groucho Marx
  • Options
    Holy mackerol, those things are beautiful! Great work Knuckles!
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    as my friend steve would say "Gorgeous"

• Options
    Excellent work!
    Now looking for a 1950 Bowman Baseball Box as pictured below.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Incredible. Garrett does amazing work.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Jery,

Those look superb. Roll on the day when you can add them to your Registry Set.

For a man who looked like he was walking away from the BB HOF autos a while back, you're having great difficulty finding the exit image

Keep it up!
    Jonathan
    Baseball HOF Autographs
    Topps Baseball 1967
    Mike Payne's 300 Great Cards
    MVPs in their MVP years
    and T206???
  • Options
    KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Thanks image