Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Bill Russell

I was just curious what people think of this. The dealer has some nice cards
russell

Comments

• Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

I have two dealings with them and have not gotten burned like some people have, that left threads about them. I guess it's buyer beware and good luck.
  • jad22jad22 Posts: 535 ✭✭
    I am by no means an expert but that is one of the best centered cards of that year I have seen, almost too perfect.
  • Any card in a "Sports Cards Direct" holder (notice the blue circle in the logo) is likely trimmed (every card I've busted out of those holders has come back trimmed). They are trying to imitate the "Sports Collectors Digest" holders (with a red circle logo) that are, for the most part, fairly graded and legit.

I would definitely stay away
  • SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've dealt with that dealer in the past with absolutely no problems. I have limited my transactions though, to PSA graded cards. The dealer is known for dealing in the "lesser" grading companies such as Gem and the like. That Russell to me, looks possibly trimmed.

Steve

• << <i>I've dealt with that dealer in the past with absolutely no problems. >>

Same here. I'm not knocking the dealer, just the card.
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jad

I agree with the guys here - be incredulous when it comes to the "new" SCD company.

But, as a start? I recommend you email them and ask them for EXACT measurements with 1/32".

If they decline or ignore you? IMO, pass.

mike
    Mike

• You always have to be careful if the card is not in a PSA or SGC holder. If the card is as perfect as the dealer states why not submit it to best grading company and make the most profit?image

Ed
    email address: alohaet@hotmail.com
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You always have to be careful if the card is not in a PSA or SGC holder. If the card is as perfect as the dealer states why not submit it to best grading company and make the most profit?image

Ed >>

Nail on head Ed.

Game, set...Match!

mike
    Mike
  • jad22jad22 Posts: 535 ✭✭
    Thanks. My thoughts were if anyone has a card that great then it would be in a sgc or psa holder.
  • I have seen a lot of these and owned a few this card looks trimmed to me also and i would pass!
    Always Buying & Collecting 1957 Topps Baseball 1914 cj,s 1978 bb and any Hof bb
  • dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭✭
    Unlike the others here, I have had issues with this seller. He sold me reprint 1985 Nike Jordan cards. He refunded all of my money, but I am nearly for certain that he is aware that they are reprints. In my opinion, that makes all of his auctions questionable.

Don
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.