Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Is Today Scammer 10 Cent Listing Day?

I have a top secret ebay search (as I'm sure you all do) which essentially tries to find PSA graded cards without the word PSA in the title. It sometimes yields a good deal. Anyway, I just ran that search, and here's some interesting listings. All are private auctions by low feedback sellers (but all different sellers). Titles follow the identical format, listings appear to be similar format in most cases. Some take PayPal, others do not:

1953 Topps Satchell Paige #220 MINT 9

1954 Topps Ernie Banks #094 MINT 9

1955 Topps Sandy Koufax #123 MINT 9

1951 Bowman Ted Williams 165 MINT 9

1953 Bowman Color Mickey Mantle 059 MINT 9

1959 Topps Mickey Mantle 010 MINT 9

Yet Another 1955 Topps Sandy Koufax 123 MINT 9

1957 Topps Mickey Mantle # 95

And of course, no good scam is complete without a 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle 311 NM 7

Comments

• Options
    Is today 10 cent listing day?
    Jery's T206 set: Looking for PSA 6's & 7's!
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    Looks like every one of those cards were scanned on the same scanner.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    "Hot off the press" it would seem...

Nice low feedback scores on ALL the sellersimage

Someone should do the cross checking and take his ass down !!!

JMO
    For the love of the game
    And the cards that go with it
  • Options
    Hmmmmmmm, a '52 Topps Jackie Robinson PSA 9?

Add another "highly questionable" auction to that list.

It's just ridiculous. It feels like you're in Times Square and you're watching a bunch of hucksters pushing fake rolex's on the sidewalk.

They could eliminate about 99% of these scams if they....

-Had a better screening method for those selling high dollar cards. The same way Mastro and others check for references.

-Eliminate 3 day auctions for those selling their first high dollar item.

-How hard would it be to work with the major auction houses (Goodwin, Mastro, Lelands, etc) to check for stolen scans and stolen descriptions word for word?

-The title and the closing price of past auctions under feedback.

How hard is it figure out a pattern? A 3 day auction, low feedback, never sold high dollar cards, private bidding....hmmmmm
  • Options
    scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    The Jackie Robinson and the '59 Mantle have been removed from ebay already. Can we get the rest of this junk removed too? Keep sending this to ebay to remove these crap listings!
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    ...almost all have been eliminated.....
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    All the scans are from Superior Auctions and all the accounts hijacked.... look at the Paige still up

eBay Paige Auction

The December 2000 Superior Auction

Superior Linky
  • Options

<< <i>All the scans are from Superior Auctions and all the accounts hijacked.... look at the Paige still up

eBay Paige Auction

The December 2000 Superior Auction

Superior Linky >>

Man how the f**k do you guys figure that stuff out alinch !!! I wish I could cause I'd be ruining some days for sh*theels like this!!!
    For the love of the game
  • Options

<< <i>Can we get the rest of this junk removed too? Keep sending this to ebay to remove these crap listings! >>

I would if I could for the good of us all. But I've asked the Forum in the past how I could tell if this was going on and got no response. I'd be the friggin scammer SWAT team to eliminate this kind of sh*t happening. Just can't figure it out on my own for some reason but would love to so I could help the brotherhood out also.

Again nice work to the CU boys image
    For the love of the game
  • Options
    Workin on gettin the rest gone I don' t think the Paige will be there to much longer.......
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice work guys. I'm still a bit confused though. How did the scammer expect to make money off the hijacked accounts? Does he somehow have his PayPal account tied into the auctions? If so, you would think ebay could figure out who the scammer is.
  • Options
    What they do is after the auction ends they get your contact info and call you. Then they give you some story about having to change the payment method to money order or cashiers check, or they had to change their pay-pal account info and then give you the new info.
  • Options
    MooseDogMooseDog Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭
    The auction that showed the location as San Francisco, I asked about picking up the card in person...what a surprise I got no response.
  • Options
    The last of those cards should be gone any minute now, the Paige, Mantle 57, and the last 55 Koufax image