Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

2006 Topps Mantle - with scans

I had to stop at the card shop on the way home today. Topps is having a promotion for 2006 Topps - something about a rookie card each week if you buy a pack(s) and get a card with their new rookie logo. The free bonus card for week 1 was Mickey, so I had to stop. I only bought one pack since I'm saving up for the Heritage. Didn't get a rookie, so I had to buy a 2nd pack - and that's when I pulled the Mantle at the end of the scan. image I added a couple of the cards I pulled so you can see what this years issue looks like. I think for 2 packs I got a lot of good ones. Not shown are the 2 League MVP cards of Pujols and Rodriguez. I also pulled a Teixeira who is my favorite current player. BTW, my card shop says next Tues. for Heritage.

Enjoy:
<< image >>

Comments

• gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Get that Mantle rookie on ebay ASAP. No, wait a minute, beat it up a little first. Scuff the surface, ding the corners, maybe even a small, slight crease. Then of course start with the story, received from my grandfather who won it in a flipping contest back in the day. It has been in a safe deposit box for 50 years, he always said it was for your education, now the time has come as you just received the enrollment letter from a junior college in Guam.

Your not sure it's real, but Grampy said it is, it looks really old and valuable. And of course it is obviously a 1952 Topps. image
  • ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭
    I did the same thing. This is card #7 in the set. In ten packs, I got two of the Mantle HR#1 cards, 3 Bonds Hr-something-or-other cards, a signer of the Declaration of Independence card and three other shiny cards. Where is my Heritage?

edited to say that the Mantle rookieish card is really cool. I will probably be back every week. I'm such a junkie.
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice cards.

I just hope Topps didn't over do the Mantle thing.

Sometimes, less is more - if you know what I mean.

mike
    Mike
  • Hey Arch, I really like that #7 card too! I guess I'll have to go back next week again.

Mike - Yeah, I hope they didn't overdo the Mantle, but it lookds like they did. I was hoping there weren't going to be many HR1's.
    << image >>
  • mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    The HR#1 card is the only HR card available right now. They seem to be falling 4 per box or so. Yikes!!!
  • ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Topps will bother to correct this.

I know it's not Mantle, but I doubt many here care about 2006 Topps. Also, I really didn't think this needed its own thread.

Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection