Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Christy Mathewson throws a "Knuckle" ball!!!

Hey Fellas!

Just had to share and give credit to Knuckles (Garret Morrison) for my Latest signature cuts. The guy make's some of the sweetest cuts that blown you away. First of all I had a Christy Mathewson signature cuts card made by him and it blew me away. So I sent the guy more signatures to play around with and this is what he came up with.

All cuts are 3x5 (Tall boy design) except the the Mathewson which is 4x6.

The Christy Mathewsons autograph failed to pass PSA/DNA I contacted the seller who sold me the auto, he stated the autograph is real and will give me a FULL refund, however I let him know that the autograph has been altered and turned into a card for my collection. I showed him some scans, and he was amazed and asked to buy the card back for more than what it cost to make. I decided to keep it. The seller who sold me the auto said that it was removed from a 1902 baseball book that was falling apart with heavy water and mold damage with 5 other signatures, the only other autograph he reconized was hall of famer was Walter Johnson, he cut up the signatures to sell them seperately to see if it would fetch a better price. I also bid on that signature, but didn't win. He assured me that the book once had a PSA/DNA sticker on it and had proof of a PSA/DNA letter which he still has somewhere and that the signatures are all authentic. He will send a photo copy to me. What I don't understand is PSA/DNA wouldn't slab this card because the card is 4X6 in size and they just stop slabbing 4x6 that week and was told that PSA doesn't slab 4x6 size anymore. Just to get a PSA/DNA sticker, I was told I'd had to cough up another $50 to have it looked at by the experts. Which they did, and stated Questionable on the invoice. I didn't recieve any letter or reason why it didn't pass. Usually if you cough up another $50. a letter comes with it, didn't even get that, just a bunch of PSA junk mail. I'm currently in the process of getting a 2nd oppinion from a different expert what ever the outcome may be this card is truely my favorite, what a keeper!!!

Thanks so much Knuckles!!!
You Rock!!!

Jery

Jery's T206 set: Looking for PSA 6's & 7's!

Comments

• lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, They look great. Looks like they just came out of a pack.

Knuckles, unreal job!

matt
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jery

Those look fantastic!

The woodgrain is a nice change in design for Garret - he doesn beautiful work.

I get compliments on my Willie card all the time!

On the Matty sig - he could have signed it "on the fly" which would potentially give his sig an entire different look to include the slant and everything - based on where the sig was - I want to believe the seller also.

Contratulations!
    Great work Knucks!
    thanx for sharing them
    made my day!
    mike
    Mike
  • Those are really great!!! Man, I love that Matty!!!

I can just see 50 years from now when Beckett lists "Knuckles" cards with values in 5 figures +. image I have a cut sig ready to send to him also - which may quite possibly be the best benefit of hanging around this forum. image
    << image >>
  • what's his ebay user id?

• << <i>what's his ebay user id? >>

I don't know if he has one - but this is his web site-

http://www.dataripple.com/
    << image >>

Just want to remind people what Knucks can do - this was a challenge since the auto is oversized.

This card is really nice! No one likes Willie Mop like I do! image

mike
    Mike
  • What awesome cards by Garret!!

Mike, that picture of Willie has got to be my new favorite of him. What a smile! Did you supply the photo or was that part of the spectacular service by DataRipple Designs??

(An alternate URL I had saved is SignatureCuts.)

hh

<< <i>What awesome cards by Garret!!

Mike, that picture of Willie has got to be my new favorite of him. What a smile! Did you supply the photo or was that part of the spectacular service by DataRipple Designs??

(An alternate URL I had saved is SignatureCuts.)

hh >>

I gave Garret the "idea" of what I wanted and he did EVERYTHING!

mike
    Mike
  • KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Thanks so much for all the kind words guys. I spend a lot of time finding the best possible photo's to use and create each card as if it were going into my own personal collection. It's very rewarding to stumble into threads like this with such praise for the work I put into each card I make. image
  • Those are awesome....I'm completely amazed by Knucks work everytime I see it....I guarantee you if I had anything to be made from a cut signature he is the first one that I would contact....They are simply amazing.
    Collecting UT Alumni....
  • Hi Knuckles

Did i miss this news . On your website it says "February.06.2006
    I will no longer be offering my services to create cards for others."
  • KnucklesKnuckles Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I've stopped making cards for new people as I found that not only could I hardly juggle the work along with my web design business but I was also not charging enough to make the extra work load worth while. I am still taking orders from past customers at the rate of $100 (Canadian) per card as I felt bad cutting them off. For you forum members who want cards made that haven't done so yet don't sweat, this will apply for you as well too. I no longer ship cards to PSA/DNA on the owners behalf, however I can supply you with already filled out order forms for you to do it yourself.

You can still ship the autographs to:

DataRipple Designs
    PO Box 4377
    Edmonton, Alberta
    T6W 1T7
    Canada

Payment can be made with the shipment of the autographs by money order or it can be made by PayPal once I have the autographs in hand (I'll let you know of course). Please be sure to include your name address, forum id, e-mail address etc.. with the autograph(s) so there will be no mix-ups.

- Garret