Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

My wife is so cool...

...my PSA shipment was attempted to be delivered this afternoon but no one was home so the buff-colored USPS slip was left in our mail box. I'm stuck at work and won't get home until after the post office closes, so my wife, who just finished a full day or work herself, just called me to say she was on her way to the USPS to pick up my cards! I'm a lucky guy...

I'll share my grades with all of you after I scan the cards in all of their freshly-slabbed glory.

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Make sure you buy her a rose Paleo.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    just a warning, u might not be able to pickup your shipment the same day of the delivery attempt. Usually the slip says to come in the next day to pick it up...hopefully this isnt the case for ya but just a heads up anyways.
    Current Sets:
    1960 Armour Coins
    Greg Maddux Basic
    Greg Maddux Master
    All Time 49ers
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paleo

Great story! My wife has helped me many times by running to the PO and stuff - so I share in you happiness!

Send her my regards - she's a good lady!!!

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    It's all about the WIFF in Hub and Wiff Inc.!
    If you have a moment, please check out our E-bay auctions.
    our e-bay auctions

• Options
    I've found that gift certificate redeemable at a reputable massage parlor (don't read into this please) is an appropriate thank you.

Nick
  • Options
    I'll tell you what..there's NOTHING like a great woman by your side!!
    My 1st wife...well.....it was.."cards are stupid...get a real job....grow up.."...BUT..."oh wait, you made $2K on a set...I need $500 for bills"
    Never wanted to help.....never was at the store....but always had her hand out.

Now fast forward 4+ years since the divorce. I go to my daughters parent/teacher conference and fall head over for her 3rd grade teacher...by the end of the school year we are dating. That was 2 years ago....we get married July 21st of this year!

She WANTS to do shows....she loves sitting at the store and sorting...YES SORTING!! She sat and talked over coffee and sorted 8,000 2001 UD Golf cards....lol SHE'S a keeper......
    Last summer she bought me a ticket to go to Florida to visit and work with Mike Carville from Strictlymint.com , knowing that Mike and I hadn't seen each other in awhile....
    That same week, she took my 3 daughters to the beach and spoiled them too....

Without going on and on.....it's a great feeling to have someone working with you and not against you...

Congrats
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

<< <i> just a warning, u might not be able to pickup your shipment the same day of the delivery attempt. Usually the slip says to come in the next day to pick it up...hopefully this isnt the case for ya but just a heads up anyways. >>

yep, thats a pisser.. happened to me once, mailman had it on his truck and i had to wait 'til the next day.. image
    ·p_A·
  • Options

<< <i>I've found that gift certificate redeemable at a reputable massage parlor (don't read into this please) is an appropriate thank you.

Nick >>

Not a bad idea.

As long as she doesn't get asked if she wants "a happy ending!"

Mike
  • Options

<< <i>Without going on and on.....it's a great feeling to have someone working with you and not against you... >>

Bruce
    Great story!

Thanx for sharing - that is truly made my day!
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    my wife is the GREATEST!!!! that's all i can say.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭
    My wife supports me although she doesnt know one card from another.Travels with me to shows once in a while and sort of encourages me to buy when something catches my attention.She even let me convert one of our bedrooms into a card gallery and She even wallpapered the room Yankee Pinstipes and 2 walls painted Dodger Blue.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)