Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Favorite Big Time Dealers

Curious what everyone's favorite large-scale dealers are...
Always collecting vintage basketball and any ABA memorabilia.

Comments

• theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    i have dealt with a bunch of dealers with great cards. bbexchange is top notch, DSL sports has always something of interest, but my top of the list is cardmrcht6ta4

He is always a gentlemen, knows the hobby, will spend a couple minutes replying back to an email about hobby even if does not pertain to sale he made to you. His cards always get there safe and quick.
  • kobykoby Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    DSL, 4 sharpcorners, bbcexchange
  • lommerlommer Posts: 160 ✭✭
    I agree with koby
  • DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Krukcards

DSL and 4 sharp corners dont give me the time of day when something goes wrong. I know they will always send you the items you won, but if you end up with a scratched up holder--forget it.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    martyspsagradedcards.com
    qualitycards.com
    joesvintagesportscards.com
    bbcardexchange.com
    707sportscards.com
    scottsdalecards.com
    rustywilly.com
    shoebox

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭
    707,BBE,All Star Cards.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know who my favorite is, although there are many good, honest dealers out there. I wouldn't count DSL among that group though, and I have good reason to feel that way.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭
    DSL (aka: dslsports ) Discount Sportscard Company, 188 Technology Drive, Suite L, Irvine, CA 92618 -- (949) 453-0515

Let's see, this month, February, dslsports sent me:

1971 OPC #632 DARREL CHANEY ROOKIE CARD PSA 10 1/1
    1971 OPC #204 BREWER'S ROOKIES PSA 9
    1971 OPC #317 A's ROOKIES PSA 9
    1971 OPC #323 BILLY CHAMPION PSA 9
    1971 OPC #411 GEORGE SPRIGGS PSA 9
    1971 OPC #485 KEN McMULLEN PSA 9

...In January, dslsports sent me:

1972 O-PEE-CHEE #276 GENE MAUCH PSA 10 1/1
    1972 O-PEE-CHEE #57 BOB OLIVER PSA 10 1/1

1975 O-PEE-CHEE #405 JOHN MONTAGUE PSA 10 1/1
    1975 O-PEE-CHEE #421 NEW YORK METS PSA 10 1/1
    1975 O-PEE-CHEE #434 BOB LOCKER PSA 10 1/1
    1975 O-PEE-CHEE #494 PETE LaC(O)CK PSA 10 1/1
    1975 O-PEE-CHEE #506 LERON LEE PSA 10 1/1

...and in December, dslsports sent me:

1976 TOPPS #221 JIM TODD PSA 10
    1976 TOPPS #224 JIM YORK PSA 10 1/1
    1976 TOPPS #305 ANDY MESSERSMITH PSA 10
    1976 TOPPS #507 RAY BARE PSA 10 1/2

....and November
    ...and October
    ...and September
    ...and, ...Oh my!

edit: Professionally-packaged, United Parcel, door-to-door service! ...What? None of that real warm and fuzzy, home-spun, olde-fashioned, good olde "made in the USA" friendly customer service we all come to expect and love from everyone that we deal with! Oh my God! I guess I should really hate them also, no?

rbd image
  • rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

<< <i>i have dealt with a bunch of dealers with great cards. bbexchange is top notch, DSL sports has always something of interest, but my top of the list is cardmrcht6ta4

He is always a gentlemen, knows the hobby, will spend a couple minutes replying back to an email about hobby even if does not pertain to sale he made to you. His cards always get there safe and quick. >>

I can see why u like this seller! C*A*R*D****C*A*N*D*Y Sellers like this makes me want to start collecting 50's and 60's stuff again! (nice items @ cardmrcht6ta4 !!)

1956 TOPPS JOHNNY O'BRIEN #65 PSA 9 MINT - 1/2

rbd
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are great choices.

I just wanted to do the memory lane thing also.

I used to like Rotman and Greg Manning for certain good buys.

My chief complaint with all of the dealers - over the years - totally OVERGRADING all their stuff!

mike
    Mike