Home PSA Set Registry Forum

Articles in April SMR

Just got the SMR yesterday and read the articles. Being a football card collector, I particularly liked the Set Registry article on the 1984 USFL set and the quotes they used from the different members involved in that set. Their input gave me a feel for how difficult that set really is to put together in high grade.

I also enjoyed the article on baseball photographs and the possible emergence of vintage sports photographs as another avenue for grading and collecting.

As usual though, the price guide itself, for the most part, is not relevant to the current market. The prices need to be tied to auction and major dealer sale prices.

John
Lawrence Taylor #1 Basic/Master
1993 Pro Set Power All-Power-Defense Gold #1

Comments

• That USFL set is apparently a toughie to put together for an '80s set. No one has completed one on the PSA Set Registry as of yet. For many cards, there are no PSA graded examples at all. The Steve Young rookie is also an underrated and tough card. A lot of people have said if you can find PSA 9 Young for $325 (as listed in the SMR), you should buy it as fast as you can. Got to love the old USFL.
  • ok..so now what about the article on say 1987 Fleer vs 86 Fleer basketball.....or 1986 Topps Football....76 Baseball PSA sets...the sudden repopularity of 75's Baseball in PSA 9 or better.....

Keep up the good work....

and oh yah...it's been talked about recently but what about T201 Mecca Double Folder Sets....

Guess I'm just too full of ideas..