Home Sports Talk
Options

Fantasy Baseball Question: Which Outfielder Do You Take?

I'm in the sixth round of a fantasy baseball league. My pick is coming up soon. Assuming that all three of these guys are still available....in which order do you take these guys?

Vernon Wells / Hideki Matsui / Carlos Lee

....or, do you take a chance on an up and coming guy like G.Sizemore or P.Burrell? Or, take one of these one-dimensional guys like A.Dunn or S.Posednik?
* '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
* C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
* T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
* L. TIANT BASIC #1
* DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
* MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
* PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
* '65 DISNEYLAND #2
* '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
* '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards

Comments

• Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    I'd probably take Wells or Sizemore. Lee was a monster in the first half last year, but he really tailed off in the second. I think it's the last year of his contract, though, if you're into that kind of thing.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    Hideki Matsui
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matsui
  • Options
    Is it a Roto league or head to head? In a Roto, Scotty P is gold as he can literally win the SB points by himself every week. If head to head, I agree that Matsui is the choice based around the lineup he hits in.
  • Options
    DirtyHarryDirtyHarry Posts: 1,914 ✭✭
    Matsui is highly productive.
    "A man's got to know his limitations...." Dirty Harry

Unfocused, impulsive collector of everything ...
  • Options
    Matsui has the people in front of and behind him. I would grab him first. If he's not available and Sizemore is, I'd take Sizemore, followed by Wells, Podesnik (SBs are the only reason why), Lee, Burrell and if all else Adam Dunn...
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    xbaggypantsxbaggypants Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i>S.Posednik >>

While he could win you the SB points he's not going to help you anywhere else. Average is ok, bad homers, low rbi's and runs aren't all that high for a leadoff hitter.

5 categories and you only get one stat out of him.
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

Sizemore. Many fantasy experts have him in the top 25! If he's gone, Lee, not a great player but a fantasy stud. I would stay away from Wells and Burrell as they are far to inconsistent.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    I ended up taking Wells because both Lee and Matsui were picked with the two picks in front of me. Sheesh...I figured that at least two of the three would be available.

Now, should I take B.Colon/J.Beckett/J.Schmidt? I have both Jason Isringhausen and Francisco Cordero in the pen right now...but, I'm tempted to go with a third CP with Wickman & Guardado available. I think starter has a little more value at this point and I don't have one yet, so I might have to go that route.

Thoughts?
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards