Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Comments

• Options
    That is most unusual. Should make lots of happy campers for now.image
    pjlcoins on ebay
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is wierd I don't even have a 70 in my set.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭
    Maybe PCGS has taken a page from the public school system and adopted the "we don't want to hurt anybody's self-esteem so everybody gets a blue ribbon" approach to competition.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    JoshLJoshL Posts: 656 ✭✭
    I am missing one coin...HELLLLLOOOOOOOOOO MITCH MJCAPC image

I love coins...image
  • Options
    GeomanGeoman Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭
    Weird. Just a guess, but did they make the 2005's required instead of optional (while adding the 2006's as optional) but forgot to factor in the 2 more coins (2005-S and 2005-S Silver) into their formula?
  • Options
    FairlanemanFairlaneman Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Maybe PCGS has taken a page from the public school system and adopted the "we don't want to hurt anybody's self-esteem so everybody gets a blue ribbon" approach to competition.

Russ, NCNE >>

Except for the one guy at 67.00. If he looks he will probably feel like his coin is cow dung.

Ken
  • Options
    The proof Kennedy registry has been weird lately. A while back all the retired - INCOMPLETE - sets suddenly showed up as 100% complete and bumped down the set owners who are active and going to the expense to keep their sets up to-date. It is the ONLY open set where this has happened, and yet BJ claims it is supposed to be this way.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>All of a sudden all the sets jumped to 70 points or higher, regardless of actual GPA.

Russ, NCNE >>

Looks like its because most of the pre-1978 DCAM's now get 3 bonus point instead of 2.

Gene
    Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • Options

<< <i>Looks like its because most of the pre-1978 DCAM's now get 3 bonus point instead of 2. >>

Nope. That's the same DCAM bonuses as it was before. The Accented Hair, the SMS coins, and the 1971-S have always been three points.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as "Blue Ribbons" go, a local cable TV ad spot in my city of residence touts the Advertiser's "Youth Sports" with happy smiling good looking kids and happy smiling good looking parents claiming that "Every child who participates in the Youth Sports program is a "Most Valuable Player".

Gag me and make me want to puke. I do not like the attitude that everyone should be equal regardless of the their level of talent (or lack thereof) and regardless of the effort (or lack thereof) that they put into the particular endeavor at hand.
  • Options
    Okay, I just figured out this 70 point thing. It is the "everybody gets a blue ribbon" approach. Before there were no bonuses for coins minted from 1978 forward. Now cameos get one point, and deep cameos get two points. Of course, that makes absolutely no sense since they're all DCAMs anyway.

Russ, NCNE