Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

OK you just won the $365M Powerball Now What?

I know some of you will say stop collecting coins and start collecting yachts, but how would it change how you collect?

I always here people talking about how they would spend the money, but what if you are a coin lover.

Mabye you remember all those times the big boys at the actuions forced you to the sideline....well not anymore.

Any wish lists out there?

BTW if your going to post and say "Im not an idiot I dont play the lottery" save yourself the trouble that is not the intention of the question.

Comments

• Options
    I'd stop and smell the flowers.
    Set everyone up in my family, donate to charity like March of Dimes,Shriners Hospital
    Ronald MacDonald House then disappearfor a few months.
    Then come back and hit the coin circuit with a VENGENANCE.
    "Only 2 things are certain
    Death and Taxes" ~~ Ben Franklin
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/u-s-coins/mint-sets/1945-mint-set/publishedset/21067
    Knutson's 45' Set 2009 Winner
  • Options
    saintgurusaintguru Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭
    I'd buy out Stewart in entirety and let him start collecting gold.
  • Options
    Musky1011Musky1011 Posts: 3,899 ✭✭✭✭
    $10 indians
    Pilgrim Clock and Gift Shop.. Expert clock repair since 1844

Menomonee Falls Wisconsin USA

http://www.pcgs.com/SetRegistr...dset.aspx?s=68269&ac=1">Musky 1861 Mint Set
  • Options
    stephunterstephunter Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭
    All of the 1885 Trade dollars. Then I might just buy every lot at a Heritage sale just for fun.
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Collect 1933 Saints by die variety.
    Doug
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go for the GOLD!!!!!!
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK you just won the $365M Powerball Now What?

Wait for the next Poweball and parlay my winnings.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I were to spend it all on coins, I'd collect condition census coins of all denominations from 1793-1837, Barber and Walking Liberty halves, and St. Gaudens $10 & $20. Maybe build a fortress-like museum to house and protect it, but have it open for public viewing. I'd enjoy it more if I could share it with others.

Jim
    Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options
    elwoodelwood Posts: 2,414
    You give $240M of it back to the government that just told you, you've won $365M.
    Please visit my website prehistoricamerica.com www.visitiowa.org/pinecreekcabins
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would build a complete set of dimes. Then a Walker set in 64. Then a Liberty Nickel Set in 64. Then move on to the Bust halves and then Indian Cents. Then Seated and Trade Dollars......

Jon
  • Options
    Give Overby, JHF, ManofCoins, Richard Green, and Sego some generous offers for their sets! Stewart too of course.
    Edit: Spelling
  • Options
    You just won the $365M Powerball Now What?

Take the lump sum payout, consult a cometent tax advisor and investment conselor reguarding putting away ~$80M, put ~$10M into some real estate, then start looking at a few coins ...
    1st You Suck - 04/07/05 - Thanks MadMarty!

Happy Rock Wrens

You're having delusions of grandeur again. - Susan Ivanova
    Well, if you're gonna have delusions, may as well go for the really satisfying ones. - Marcus Cole
  • Options
    Do stuff I need to get done first than coins, coins and more coins!
    Working on sig......
  • Options
    BurksBurks Posts: 1,103
    But 90% away in the bank and live off the interest.

Give my girlfriend 1/4 million to start up an early childhood education center. Buy her mom a new house.

Pay off college bills, give parents money as to never work again, change major to teaching, and then buy coins. For every $10,000 I spend on coins, $2,000 will go to charity.

I'd love to get into large cents by variety really heavy. Love those to death.
    WTB: Eric Plunk cards, jersey (signed or unsigned), and autographs. Basically anything related to him

Positive BST: WhiteThunder (x2), Ajaan, onefasttalon, mirabela, Wizard1, cucamongacoin, mccardguy1

Negative BST: NONE!
  • Options
    Have a heart attack, die and hope my family enjoys it
    How much for that one
  • Options
    I'd corner PCGS stock, control the board, hire graders- and get the damn grades my lovely coins have always deserved!!image
    morgannut2
  • Options
    I'd open a meat packing company in Nebraska.

• Options
    I would have a few nice giveaways to the generous forum, donate a few million to hospitals and churchs, a few million to help animals, buy a nice house, a nice car, pay off any debts, and kick back and relax image
    -Ben T. * Collector of Errors! * Proud member of the CUFYNA
  • Options
    LincolnCentManLincolnCentMan Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd sell the house and have another one just like it built on a hundred acers of land. It'd have MUCH better security. I'd work on aquiring a full cent set 1793-date, then nickels, then dimes.... and so forth and so on. The fun is in the search, so I doubt I'd work on more than one series at a time. I'd concentrate on building well matched sets for each series.

I'd also buy a dansco type book and fill it with nothing but key dates. Now ThAT would be FUN!!!

David
  • Options
    KAJ1KAJ1 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭
    I would get all those early D & S Lincolns , in the best grades out there.