Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Mysterious Registry Set Question:

Inquiring minds want to know .... why does the "Complete Cents Type Set" include the half cents but not the two cent piece? image

Complete Cents Type Set Composition

Comments

• Options
    DAMDAM Posts: 2,410 ✭✭
    Agreed.

I believe renaming it - Complete Half Cent and One Cent Type Set (1793-present) - would address the issue.

Otherwise, you could include Three Cents, Five Cents, Ten Cents, Twenty Five Cents, etc., etc., ...

Dan
  • Options
    Just make it the complete copper type set and you got it
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Inquiring minds want to know .... why does the "Complete Cents Type Set" include the half cents but not the two cent piece? image

Complete Cents Type Set Composition >>

Because they didn't want anyone to put their 2 cents in. image
  • Options
    One cent, by definition, includes two half-cents...and there you have it! image

Ken
  • Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two cents are not real coins!image
    Doug
  • Options
    sonofagunksonofagunk Posts: 1,349 ✭✭
    I am guessing is the the same reason that 1/2 cents are NOT allowed in the following set

United States Cents Date Set, Circulation Strikes (1793-Present)

obviously, 1/2 cents are "Cents", but NOT "United States Cents"
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blame Stewart!
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    What's funny, is we have this complete Lincoln Cent registry set, circ strikes, proofs, varieties, EXCEPT the 1982 varieties. These are the most major of any variety!
  • Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe we need to ask for a Lincoln Varieties Set and list those "other" Varieties PCGS just seems to ignore on the fore front.

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahhh - the two cents are in with the three cents. Two Cent and Three Cent type set