Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Translation PLEASE... Ebay auction I dont understand

READ THIS and tell me if you can make sense of it.

football auction
"I put my pants on just like you... One leg at a time. The differences is when I put them on, I make gold records."

Comments

• Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    lol

sounds like bigdaddy did not finish middle school.

Yes, I was able to somewhat understand what he was trying to say. A couple of years on this board has helped me and my reading capabilities.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    The $100 shipping charge is reasonable, as is the $350 to ship it globally. Too bad he isn't selling anything else; I wonder if I could combine shipping.....
  • Options
    Maybe he can take his money from this auction and buy some periods and commas. He seems to have run out of them.
    "Charlie, here comes the deuce. And when you speak of me, speak well."image
  • Options
    "What? Come again. Baxter, you know I don't speak Spanish." -- Ron Burgundy
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
  • Options
    kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
    Also notise that hes shiping instruktions say he no accept Paypal. Unfortuneately he wrote that rite abov the huge Paypal logo that say he do except Paypal as a paiment methed. image
    Travis
  • Options
    I think I read something about a Goudey Hornsby, but I didn't see a picture of one. I did see a '85 Donruss Ripken though...
    Next MONTH? So he's saying that if he wins, the best-case scenario is that he'll be paying for it two weeks after the auction ends?

Forget blocking him; find out where he lives and go punch him in the nuts. --WalterSobchak 9/12/12

Looking for Al Hrabosky and any OPC Dave Campbells (the ESPN guy)
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    Amazing that nobody has bid on that yet. I am sure tempted... NOT.
  • Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,591 ✭✭✭✭
    It's obvious that he copied the payment instructions from another auction. The grammar and punctuation is not his.

Don
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>and my carmra does not work and i have 1933 fleer gougy rorger hornsby book 600 i will but more picture but my carmra all mmy cards my at least 1.00 and up if any buddy i want to give my .. >>

I dont sea nuthing rong with datd discripchun yall!

Matt
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>It's obvious that he copied the payment instructions from another auction. The grammar and punctuation is not his.

Don >>

I will accept a money order for this transaction. No checks, credit cards or paypal please. If you want it shipped i can arange that upon payment received. Please do not bid if you do not intend to buy it. 0 or negative feedback email before you bid or your bid(s) will be canceled. If you have any question please email me prior to bidding and i will gladly answer them.All warranties (warranties?) and support are provided by the manufacturer. Serious buyers (alcoholics and/or tweakers) only!

I deffintley fele vary dummre after reding abowt this okshun.

Geordie
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,358 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>i have 1933 fleer gougy rorger hornsby book 600 >>

Hmmm...

I wonder if the guy may be a foreigner?

<< <i>he was great and fast and aplus seller i will buy from you again >>

He used this same FB on two different auctions with the same grammar - "aplus seller"

He leaves prompt and positively written FB.

I'm not sure what to make of this guy?
    Mike
  • Options
    I deciphered that the guy likes Lawrence Taylor ("lt")....
  • Options
    Carew29Carew29 Posts: 4,026 ✭✭

Just remember--

If you can READ this---thank a teacher, if you are reading this in ENGLISH, thank a soldier!!!
  • Options
    "any buddy i want to give my a offer i will take it a look if any boddy have any lt rookies "

this is ebonics at its best. matrix
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    I am guessing that he is from another country, but part of me is worried that it is his own country located somewhere in West Virginia. LOL

P.S.- WV jokes can only be made/ laughed at by people from the state.
  • Options
    I'd say that he lives in a country where there's an active Volcano. Looks to me like he put the cards on moltin' Lava to take the pictures.
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    HMMM reminds me of something those two entertaning fellows that used to be on HSN in the middle of the night would try to sell off.Hey does anyone out there know what racket they are into now.They might be working for Gieco is my best bet.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭

Sometimes the comments on these threads make me laugh like a ten year-old. Thanks.

Eyebone
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Options
    Maybe you can get everything for free if you have a lot of Tomlinson Rookies. He didn't say you have to give them to him, just have to own them. Well, that is the translated version.
  • Options
    Well you guys got me in trouble now. Between the text of the auction, and the comments in the thread, I couldn't stop laughing. The dogs are now barking, and the wife thinks/(should know after 25 years) I'm crazy.
    But God this is funny.
    I used to go fishing frequently. I never thought I would see people actually fishing on a computer, but this auction proves me wrong.