Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

INVENTORY NEEDED........

If you are selling either baseball cards or memorabilia, football cards or memorabilia, hockey cards or memorabilia, basketball cards or memorabilia, starting lineups, nonsports cards, etc., we would like to have your inventory posted on our website, www.NewYorkSportsExchange.com (at no cost to you).

If you are interested, E-mail us at sports@newyorksportsexchange.com and we will send you further info.

I hope we can be of assistance in helping you sell your merchandise

Regards,
Robert
NewYorkSportsExchange
www.NewYorkSportsExchange.com

Comments

• Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭
    It might help if you outlined some value points on why someone would want to list on your list as oppsed to
    the wealth of other options available.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    Dear Carew4me,
    Thank you so much for your reply. The reason that I did not do so here is that I did not want it to be construed as advertising, of which it is not. Returning to your very good question from above, what makes us your best option is that we do not charge you any fees to list your merchandise. No fees, no payments...nothing ! You will never send us a cent!

We ask some basic things as courtesy: if you sell the items on your own, to kindly advise us so we do not "double-sell" them, among some other things.

Either way, thank you very much for your question.
    We can be reached at sports@newyorksportsexchange.com

Have a fantastic day !
    Regards
  • Options
    What's the catch?
  • Options
    WabittwaxWabittwax Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭
    They're probably trying to build a popular website. Same way Yahoo gives out tons fo free stuff to get countless hits a day.
  • Options
    National Sportscards Link is set up the same way. They are trying to build a site and most likely will eventually charge for listings. For now, they need to do whatever they can to encourage people to list cards and build a critical mass.

Several months ago I listed a few hundred cards on national sportscards and tried to promote the site. It was difficult to get people to view my cards on that site and I ultimately switched to Naxcom (where I now have 7,000+ listings and I add to them every week).

It doesn't cost you anything but time to list on one of the new sites, but when you are listing thousands of cards, that time is significant.
    View my inventory of PSA Graded Cards at My Ebay Store
  • Options
    Thank you so much for your Reply.
    Actually, we are quite well-rooted with the East Coast buyers market and we want to give them the best possible cards and memorabilia for them to add to their collection. It would be silly for us to charge, as that would limit us.

We look forward to the honor of hosting your inventory.

Kind Regards,
    www.NewYorkSportsExchange.com
  • Options
    Interesting. You don't want to charge sellers, but I found the following disclaimer on your site:

NON-CIRCUMVENTION
    During this transaction, you might come to find the name of one of our partners sellers). By going ahead with this purchase, you agree not to make direct contact with that partner or any others that you might come across in this and any other transactions through NewYorkSportsExchange.com for a period of 3 (three) years. If you or any third party makes direct contact with one of these sellers, the seller will notify us (due to our signed agreements with them), and NewYorkSportsExchange.com will be entitled to a legal monetary penalty equal to the maximum amount we would realize from such a transaction plus any and all expenses, including but not limited to all legal costs and expenses incurred to recover the lost revenue.

What if a seller has a preexisting relationship with one of your buyers? Do you now intend to preclude the seller from selling cards to the buyer directly?

Does that mean that you charge buyers a premium over the seller's sales price?

I also noticed in the disclaimer section that you require a written contract with your sellers. How do sellers sell cards on your site? Do they have to send you the cards or do you just list the cards based upon info provided by the sellers?

If I counted correctly, it looks like you have less than 1,500 cards posted for sale on your site. Is that correct? How many sales on average are made on your site each day?

Sellers should consider all of these issues before listing cards with you.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    So if I"m reading this correctly if I buy something thru NYsportsexchange I can't buy from that particular seller directly for 3 years? And if I do you will attempt to extract a fine from me for doing that?image That may well be the stupidist thing I've ever heard, and would certainly doom this business. Not only would I not buy from you I'd strongly advise any seller I deal with not list with you either. You may want to rethink this one.

And I got the impression the buyer doesn't know who the seller is before purchasing the item- with some sellers that have ruined their reputation to the point they can no longer sell directly or on ebay this could be the leading venue for them to launder their cards.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    1420sports1420sports Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭
    Sellers should consider all of these issues before listing cards with you.

and then probably walk away
    collecting various PSA and SGC cards
  • Options
    yawie99yawie99 Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭
    Quasi-OT, but what happened to nationalsportscards.com? I bought and sold some stuff there late last summer/early fall, but activity on that site has really petered out. It's too bad. I wasn't real keen on the user interface at first, but started to really like the site once I played around with it. Now it's pretty much a ghost town.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    My problem with national was limited sales. Naxcom charges a fee but there are significantly more buyers.
  • Options
    Dear Gents,
    I greatly appreciate all of your responses. In response to your questions, we list the cards of our sellers (which is a small, but growing number), on our website. We currently have around 2400 items encompassing cards and memorabilia, but we are constantly adding new sellers, and thus, merchandise. There was a question regarding sales, which I have no problem discussing, and sales have been very good for a relatively new site. We are working with Search Engine Optimization companies, and we should be quite high up in the searches in the next few weeks to next couple of months.

We are working and changing and adapting, and once again, thank you all so much for your questions and feedback.

Regards,
    Robert
    NewYorkSportsExchange.com
  • Options
    Robert from SportsExchange,

please discuss the following - is it true that if a person buys an item on New York Sports Exchange they cannot buy directly from the seller for three years? If true, what is the rationale and why would anyone want to buy an item from your site?
    Kosmo
  • Options
    Kosmo, why even bother with this guy. I took a look at the site and was less than impressed. I can't imagine they would even come close to the traffic ebay gets, will probably be gone before the year is out.

Best,

Jim
    Vintage Baseball and Non Sports Collector
  • Options
    Dear Kosmo,
    Thank you very much for your E-mail. You are a gentleman in the manner in which you have addressed me here. As I had responded yesterday, we truly are a new/infant site, and we are adapting and changing to the environment that we work in. We like the feedback, sometimes harsh, but you have to listen to voice of the people in this world (Vox Populi). Indeed, our original fledgling intentions were to have such a restriction in place. Our reason was: If you're a buyer and you buy a card once from our site, and find the seller's name, you will then deal direct with him and no longer need us. It was silly for us to do so. However, we have re-examined this, made some alterations, and abolished this requirement of the buyer.

In response to Jim (nhcard hunter), may we only be so blessed to have 1/100th of the traffic E-bay has. That site has grown exponentially. What a success story they are, huh !!

Best Regards All,
    Rob