Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

What is your submission shipping routine?

How do you all pack your cards?

Is it safe to put them in a bubble mailer inside a priority envelope if you have about 13-15 cards?

Comments

• Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    card saver 1's stacked, then cardboard cut to a slightly larger than card saver size on top and bottom of stack, followed by a few rubber bands securely around them but not too tight. After that, some bubble wrap, then inside a box just large enough to fit the stack securely with minimal movement. It is well worth the extra buck or so for a box and the piece of mind knowing they are as secure as possible.
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    i've used bubble mailer with the free subs when renewing. no problems.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭
    i have used bubble mailers many times with small submissions. Have gotten many a 9 and 10 back that way. I put them between cardboard, with some rubber bands to hold it all together. Staple the flap over. Then seal with shipping tape.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options
    I used to go to the max on packing much like bri2327 posted, but have since migrated toward simply wrapping a stack of CS I's with bubble wrap and sending with sufficient extraneous packing material in USPS Prioriity Mail boxes sized to match the # of cards being submitted. Your 13-15 size order can easily work in a small video cassette-sized box. I wouldn't go with a mere envelope, but a mailer inside one of these boxes should be plenty good enough.
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    I use the boxes that PSA sends me when they graded my cards. I put a small layer of bubble wrap on the bottom, then all the cards in CS1's(no penny sleeves as I think they have nicked more corners and edges than the extra protection) then I crumple pages from the ESPN magazine and put it around all sides of the stack of cards so they can't shift in the box. I then put a small thing of bubble wrap on the top. Then I tape it up.

Then I re-open the top, insert the submission form that I always forget, and tape it back up again. Then I send it off and start praying image
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    My routine is a simple one.

I send my cards off to PSA, then, the day after they arrive I begin threads here whining about where my cards are and when they will be entered into the system . Then after they are entered I create another thread whining that it is taking soooooooo long. Then after that when my grades are posted i bltch that they are undergraded.

but that is just me

oh I follow psa guidlines in the actual packing and shipping of the cards.

to answer the question"

Is it safe to put them in a bubble mailer inside a priority envelope if you have about 13-15 cards?

No I think PSA wants them in a box that has been taped shut using brown tape.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>My routine is a simple one.

I send my cards off to PSA, then, the day after they arrive I begin threads here whining about where my cards are and when they will be entered into the system . Then after they are entered I create another thread whining that it is taking soooooooo long. Then after that when my grades are posted i bltch that they are undergraded.

but that is just me

oh I follow psa guidlines in the actual packing and shipping of the cards.

to answer the question"

No I think PSA wants them in a box that has been taped shut using brown tape.

Steve >>

Steve,

Your candor and sense of humor are unparalleled. I applaud you.

EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I'm on some roll today huh jordan?

steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    LMFAO @ Zef's post

Then I re-open the top, insert the submission form that I always forget, and tape it back up again.

LMFAO again @ Steve's post

send my cards off to PSA, then, the day after they arrive I begin threads here whining about where my cards are and when they will be entered into the system . Then after they are entered I create another thread whining that it is taking soooooooo long. Then after that when my grades are posted i bltch that they are undergraded.

TFF, Bob C.
    57 Topps (83%) 7.61
    61 Topps (100%) 7.96
    62 Parkhurst (100%) 8.70
    63 Topps (100%) 7.96
    63 York WB's (50%) 8.52
    68 Topps (39%) 8.54
    69 Topps (3%) 9.00
    69 OPC (83%) 8.21
    71 Topps (100%) 9.21 #1 A.T.F.
    72 Topps (100%) 9.39
    73 Topps (13%) 9.35
    74 OPC WHA (95%) 8.57
    75 Topps (50%) 9.23
    77 OPC WHA (86%) 8.62 #1 A.T.F.
    88 Topps (5%) 10.00
  • Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Then I re-open the top, insert the submission form that I always forget, and tape it back up again.

This must be catching on, but I usually do this and still forget to write down my submission number !image

• Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    Geoff

I sent you a PM a while back.........maybe you forgot to reply, don't know how, or just ignored me....image

I live SE of Shelby!