Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Because I care - 2006 Topps Heritage checklist in Excel

I took the heritage checklist excel file from mudflap's site and added the 2006 set to it. I also cleaned up some stuff (stripped team names, added 2004 SP's that were missing, deleted 1 of 1's) from previous years.

I have marked 2006 SP's based on rumors and leaked checklists - it will most likely need updating once the product gets released.

All I need is someone to host the file for ease of download as I do not have a web site setup. Any volunteers?

Collecting only Topps Heritage baseball 2001 to 2006 Yankees, chromes, black refracters, autos, relics, SP's

Please visit my Topps Heritage Ebay Store with new items added all the time

Comments

• mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    Email it to me and I'll update my site with the new spreadsheet. One of these days I'm going to get around to updating some of the other years, but it's just one of those things I say I'll do and probably never will.

Thanks for making the new one-

jeffdabney@gmail.com
  • Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this the original spread sheets that John Basilone did?

Update? Wow!

Jay

Thanx for taking the time!

You're a true asset to the board here!!

Heritage collectors are appreciative and we salute you!!!
    mike

Mike
  • Stone,
    Yes, this is based on the original from John Basilone. I was planning on creating a whole Heritage fan web site but work has eaten up all my time lately. Maybe someday in the future I will but for now the xls update will have to do.

Mudflap,
    I have emailed you the file. Once it is available at your site please post a link in this thread.
    Thanks for hosting it!
    Regards,
    Jay
    Collecting only Topps Heritage baseball 2001 to 2006 Yankees, chromes, black refracters, autos, relics, SP's

• joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Is it too early for the heritage museum? Maybe someone could bring that back.

Kevin

<< <i>Is it too early for the heritage museum? Maybe someone could bring that back.

Kevin >>

Sure!

Kevin, you're autos from the 52T set are off the chart!

mike
    Mike
    Should be up in a second.

Kevin - always a great time for the Heritage museum! Feel free to start a thread and I'll join in with what I have scanned. I'm about 6 months behind, but I hope to get a new scanner tomorrow.
    Someone let me know if this works

Topps Heritage Checklists 6.0
    Houston? The Eagle has landed.

This is...one small page for a man.....but.....one great page for mankind.
  • Thanks again for hosting the file.

If anyone see's errors or ommissions just email me

jsgebo@yahoo.com

thanks,
    jay

<< <i>Thanks again for hosting the file.

If anyone see's errors or ommissions just email me

jsgebo@yahoo.com

thanks,
    jay >>

Thanx for the hard work Jay.

mike
    Mike
  • Hi,
    I tried clicking on the link for the 2006 Topps Heritage checklist in Excel and I received a message saying that I could not download it.

Please let me know what I did wrong.

Thanks,
    Brian
  • Great! I had a problem opening the xls file yesterday, but tonight it worked!

Thanks for the effort in putting it together.

It's been fun completing sets pack-by-pack again!

hh
  • Can't wait for my 1/2 case!
    * '72 BASEBALL #15 100%
    * C. PASCUAL BASIC #3
    * T. PEREZ BASIC #4 100%
    * L. TIANT BASIC #1
    * DRYSDALE BASIC #4 100%
    * MAGIC MASTER #4/BASIC #3
    * PALMEIRO MASTER/BASIC #1
    * '65 DISNEYLAND #2
    * '78 ELVIS PRESLEY #6
    * '78 THREE'S COMPANY #1

WaltDisneyBoards
    How is card #7 NOT Mantle or Arod? Cmon topps!

Kevin
  • There is a method to Topps madness. I just started collecting the 1957 set (yes, call it Heritage envy) and I can see why Uribe is No. 7 instead of Mantle. In the '57 set Luis Aparicio, another White Sox shortstop was No. 7. Mantle was No. 95 and guess what, ARod is No. 95. It's more than a coincidence.

They are plenty of others like that, such as No. 1 David Ortiz this year and another Red Sox slugger in 1957.

• Guys,
    Maybe some of you can help me out. I am looking for sell sheets for Heritage from previous years. I have the 2006 ones from Georgetown's site but I need anything you can send me from 2001 to 2005. If you have some hard copy ones let me know as well.
    Thanks,
    Jay

jsgebo@yahoo.com

its great to have real 57 collectors! Please keep the comments and comparisons coming, Im glad Topps did their homework.

Two questions:

1. Are all the active players who have cards in the "then and now" set, listed as SP's in the base set?

2. Who are the rookies?

Thanks
    Kevin
  • TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    pharber has always been a fountain of info when comparing Heritage sets to the real set. IIRC, he had a pretty lengthy comparison writeup on last years. Great job on that research.

BTW, pharber - I've got some ratty dupes somewhere around here. If you're not condition sensitive, LMK. I'm 17 cards away from completing my '57 set, with the Kubek RC the only key card missing. It might grade out as a collective 2, no better. Beautiful set, even in the well-loved condition it's in. The dream has almost been realized!

Kevin, I never did get back to you last summer regarding the 2001 & 2002 empty hobby boxes. Did you still have any of those?

Geordie
    Geordie-

Craig Parker has a complete run of empty Heritage boxes on the bay right now.
    I saw those, Jeff - ready his post over on the Topps board. They're on my watchlist, but then I remembered having a conversation last summer with Kevin. Forgot all about it til now.

Geordie
  • hi geordie,
    I consider you a good trader - we made some good Heritage swaps last year - and i'd be interested in trading. I have about 150-170 '57s right now. All commons. I'm in the VG-EX ball park for condition. It's a funny set. There are the star cards -- plenty of them -- and the scarce middle series that account for more than half the set.

What are you looking for in trade if any of your doubles fill my needs?

More importantly, I'm about to put the 1957s aside and clear the decks for the new Heritage cards.

I can only focus on one collection at a time. For the last three months I've been obsessed with the 1958 Topps set (you know your obsessed when you can rattle off the entire checklist). I finished the set and upgraded it to NRMT.

But now it's Heritage time!

Whomever put together the checklist, thanks. I downloaded it and will use it (Aside: Whatever happened to John Basilone? I hiberate from the hobby when golf season begins in New England and I haven't seen him on the boards. He is a true Heritage Hall of Famer.)

As for the similarities between the 1957 set and the upcoming Heritage release, there are many.

................................................................ 1957 ................ 2006
    1. Red Sox slugger.......................Ted Williams.......... Dave Ortiz
    2. NY catcher ................ Yogi Berra ................ Mike Piazza (former Met, now Padre)
    4. Braves shortstop ................ Johnny Logan ................ Rafe Furcal (he ditched Atlanta)
    5. Dodger playboy pitcher ................ Sal Maglie ................ Derek Lowe
    7. Chicago SS ................ Luis Aparicio ................ Juan Uribe
    8. Ugly Indian ................ Don Mossi ................ CC Sabathia
    9. Cincy INFer ................ Johnny Temple ................ Sean Casey
    10. Giants slugger ................ Willie Mays ................ Barry Bonds
    15 Philly stopper ................ Robin Roberts ................ Curt Schilling (for a while)
    18 LA pitcher ................ Don Drysdale ................ Pedro Martinez (began in LA)
    20 Braves slugger ................ Hank Aaron ................ Andruw Jones
    25 Yankee southpaw ................ Whitey Ford ................ Randy Jones
    35. Cincy rookie sensation ................ F Robinson ................ Wily Mo Pena
    55 Cub slugger ................ Ernie Banks ................ Derrek Lee
    70 Philly hitter ................ Richie Ashburn ................ Bobby Abreu
    76 Buc young star ................ Roberto Clemente................ Jason Bay
    84 Polish star ................ Moe Drabowsky ................. AJ Pierzynski
    90 Braves star ................ Warren Spahn ................ Chipper Jones
    95 No. 1 player ................ Mickey Mantle ................ Alex Rodriguez
    97 New York Yankees team card in both sets
    100 Harridge and Giles in both sets
    102 Boone-town ................ Ray Boone ................ Aaron Boone
    114 Braves team card in both sets
    140. Same Name ................ Frank Thomas ................ Frank Thomas
    158 Card pitcher ................ Curt Simmons ................ Chris Carpenter
    160 Pirates team card in both sets
    183 Cubs team card in both sets
    198 Tigers team card in both sets
    204 Athletics team card in both sets
    212 Italian named Rocco ................ Rocco Colavito ................ Rocco Baldelli
    214 Phillies team card in both sets
    224 Form of Bla(y)lock ................ Marv Blaylock ................ Hank Blalock
    243 Cardinals team card in both sets
    251 Orioles team card in both sets
    270 Washington team card in both sets
    275 Indians team card in both sets
    286 One-time NY 2nd Sacker................ Bobby Richardson ................ Alfonso Soriano
    302 Dodger strikeout pitcher ................ Sandy Koufax ................ Eric Gagne
    317 Giants team card in both sets
    324 Dodgers team card in both sets
    329 White Sox team card in both sets
    401 multiple player card ................ Dodger sluggers ................ WS sluggers
    407 multiple player cards ................ Berra Mantle ................ WS Power Hitters
  • jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭
    I looked 3 times and I don't see Ken Griffey Jr. ? Does this mean there will be a series 2?
    Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • ArchStantonArchStanton Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭
    Are the SPs a middle series like in the original set?
    Collector of 1976 Topps baseball for some stupid reason.
    Collector of Pittsburgh Pirates cards for a slightly less stupid reason.
    My Pirates Collection
    jackstraw - no Griffeys, no series 2 image

archstanton - no mid-series SPs; they are all mostly high numbers - starting at 396. Also some variations: 1, 20, 23, 80, 95, 200, 212, 325, 350, 450.

Geordie
  • No griffey this year but they do have Hideki Matsui for the first time. Weird, Griffey being ommitted is bizarre. Is there some kind of legal thing going on with that?

Very strange about Griffey.

As for the Alex Gordon cards, I wouldn't be surprised if the were issued at a later date.
    Mmmmm and new scanner tonight. I have some catching up to do......
  • BasiloneBasilone Posts: 2,492 ✭✭
    you guys are a bunch of heritage geeks....heh.

In regards to the 2006 v. 1957 similarities...you should email them to T.S. O'Connell....he ususally does a story about Heritage each year. I was mentioned in his article last year.

<< <i>you guys are a bunch of heritage geeks....heh.

In regards to the 2006 v. 1957 similarities...you should email them to T.S. O'Connell....he ususally does a story about Heritage each year. I was mentioned in his article last year. >>

Hi John
    Good to see you back!

Are you going to do the heritage set this year?

I'm going to keep it "rational" this year - no THC set e.g.

Looking forward to you being around during the "hunt for heritage" period.

Stalin will be "hoarding" boxes in the pillow section of Target!

I'll be trading but not as OCD as other years.

Again, good to see you.
    mike
    Mike
  • Im extremely happy to see all the die-hard Heritage collectors up and about this year with the 2006 version of '57. I won't be going crazy like last year (3 cases), but I will be making the set box by box. best of luck to all, and glad to see Mudflap is still using my old Excel Heritage checklist image Stalin and Mud, make sure you keep me in the loop with trades this year, and hopefully I'll be able to trade with all the rest of you also. Best of luck guys, mojo to all!

PS Do we have official confirmation that the SP's listed are actually the ones we will be getting? I hated having to sort my cards and try to find the variations last yearimage Also, I do hope the Alex Gordon card doesnt get inserted like it did in Series 1 of Topps '06, because we will really have a chase on our hands to get that one to complete the set. Talk about bid wars with Heritage collectors!

Stone-

I do not think that Im going to collect Heritage this year image. With a 9 month old and my wife staying at home..I just do not have the extra $$$ to do it. Last year..I was totally OCD with it. I completed everything except the autos, black chromes, and cut signatures. I was buying multiple copies of chromes and refractors to find the nicest copy...I also multiple copies of the Hawaii Trade Show promos for ones with the best centering and selling off the rest.

John
  • KnopflerKnopfler Posts: 783 ✭✭✭
    Can someone email me the 2006 Heritage checklist? I can access the webpage on the link. Thanks. My email is knopflers@yahoo.com
  • Can somebody fix the checklist. Massive changes are needed.
    SPs in the mid-series area, just like 1957
    At least they got Johnny Damon and Edgar Renteria in the correct uniforms
    and the Red Sox team card is the only team card that is an SP!

• BuccaneerBuccaneer Posts: 1,794 ✭✭
    What do the cards in bold means?
  • The list is FUBAR. I think a correct one can be found in the other thread.
    Whoever said we wash away with the rain ?