Home Sports Talk
Options

New movie game 6

Looks pretty good..

movie

Comments

• Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree, except for the fact that the Red Sox are shoved down our throats every day of baseball season.

Shane

• Options
    AxtellAxtell Posts: 10,037 ✭✭

<< <i>I agree, except for the fact that the Red Sox are shoved down our throats every day of baseball season. >>

Not nearly as much as the yankees...both teams' importance to baseball's landscape is so overstated, and MLB and the broadcasting companies push them and push them and push them, then wonder why world series ratings are down when neither are involved.

If baseball and the media would be a bit more accomodating, and highlight other teams, it would do wonders to improve ratings. The white sox were baseball's best team last year, yet finding them on a national broadcast was next to impossible.

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    As a Red Sox fan - I agree. The Yankees are pushed the most, but over the last few years, we are catching up. I definitely can see how this would bother, say, a Twins fan.

I wasn't sure if I would care for this movie, but I watched the trailer - not bad. Best line - "Hey mister. The Red Sox are winning." "Yes I know. The Red Sox are always winning. Until they lose."
  • Options
    it has a great cast of people from 10 years ago.

but I am not sure that any of them have careers anymore.

maybe this one will help them be rediscovered.

• Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    Great. Just another reminder of one of the most f*** up games in Red Sox history.