Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Question about grading and pop numbers...

drddmdrddm Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
How soon after PCGS gets a coin (not grades it, since we don't know when EXACTLY that takes place) do they change the pop numbers if your coin has been added to it?

Any clues?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    BTW, I submitted it through the Regular Grading service (15 days), not economy service.

Thanks
  • Options
    tradedollarnuttradedollarnut Posts: 20,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    weekly ... after it's been graded and entered on the computer.
  • Options

<< <i>weekly ... after it's been graded and entered on the computer. >>

Question: how long does it take for PCGS to DROP a pop when they downgrade a coin? Example: a colleague recently had his MS67 Wide Rim SBA dropped from MS67 to MS66. The pop was 9, now it should read 8. Just curious (and a bit greedy, sorry Larry!).
    Modern dollars are like children - before you know it they'll be all grown up.....

Questions about Ikes? Go to The IKE GROUP WEB SITE
  • Options
    The pop report is updated around 3 am or something Monday mornings (I used to stay up late too often). Maybe Tuesday if Monday is a holiday.

As for downgrades, I'll let you know as I just had 9 coins downgraded. They haven't confirmed the buyout offers yet, and they're still in my reg set with the old grade and pop.
  • Options
    Anyone interested, I just noticed that PCGS upgrades the REGISTRY pop numbers BEFORE their pop reports.

Just go to someone's registry set who has the grade you are inquiring about and it will likely be different than the pop reports if it has changed recently (within the past week, since PCGS upgrades the pop report every Monday).

Not sure, but maybe PCGS' computer system is tied into the REGISTRY pop numbers so that when they enter a final grade on a newly graded coin, the pop numbers on the registry sets IMMEDIATELY reflect it.

Interesting, huh?

• Options
    The same holds true for downgrades as well....I just checked.