Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Check this out... A 1975 Vending box

Hmmm...

Private feedback, but good feedback. Shows good pictures and the box looks like its been searched, but the vending pattern is there so you know it isn't just random cards put in the box. What do you think this will go for?
EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions

Comments

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

To me a vending box is a lot like a virgin.
    It's either been searched ... or it hasn't.

Is this box supposed to be 'just a little bit' searched ?

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    mudflap02mudflap02 Posts: 2,060 ✭✭
    Also, how can you be sure that's not a 1982 Vending box with some 75 stars set in front of it for a pic?

Sellers feedback looks ok though - not seeing the private parts.

private parts
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

<< <i>private parts >>

hee hee.

I know its a crapshoot, but I have gotten some of my best wins off of these type of photos and auctions. I am passing on this one which is why I am alerting the board of its happening.

The Brett and Yount look good, and the pattern on the box looks good too. I do think that the box is pretty well cherry picked besides leaving in the Brett and Yount, which probably have a nicked corner. But if the box has that pattern, there probably are som sweet mint commons in there.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    I have been getting into the 1975 set more of late. I am trying to collect all of the all stars from that year. It really looks to be a condition sensitive set and I have seen a lot of stuff that I have passed on due to centering and edge issues. But, very few years look as sweet as a mint condition 1975 card.

What is the market value on an unsearched 1975 vending box?
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 28,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<< OK! you MUST! look at this 1975 topps 500 ct. baseball vending box. here is the story! this was a sealed with tape vending box that i bought many years ago and just stuck it away in my collection. i decided to go ahead and open it to check the cards and see what was there. this is a very RARE box because it has lots of star cards and also has a brett and a yount in it. RARE to find both brett and yount cards in a vending box. first one i have seen like this. as far as i know there is not another 1975 topps baseball vending box on ebay. it looks like to me that all cards are gradeable. this is a must vending box if you like n/m- mint cards and a RARE item! please email me if you have any other questions thanks for bidding! please check out my other auctions thanks! (don`t let this RARE vending box slip by your collection!) >>>

Well to me it sure has that "played with and handled" look about it. Seller states NM-Mint so that sort of tells me you'll be extremely fortunate to get any 8's, that it's gonna probably be mostly 7's and a number of 6's. But good luck if anyone here decides to take a shot at it.

• Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭
    Although I am not a betting man I have to assume that this box was completly searched because of the Stars that are showing which is probably what you would find in the entire box.If this box was gone through,kept in order and cards placed back in box in the same order they were taken out it would be very possible for the box to exbit the factory pattern on the cards.
    I would not pay more than what the set would go for in nrmt maybe less since there are 160 cards still missing.SORRY $300 topps and that might be a stretch.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    It has been at least partially searched if you look at the left end and in the middle you will see where the pattern was broken. A vending pattern can be acheived by stacking the cards and putting them back in the box, I have accidentally come across this before. I opened the vending box stacked the cards up while looking through them, I noticed the vending pattern still there for the most part after I put them back in. The seller got all those stars in front of the box from somewhere.

• Options
    i decided to go ahead and open it to check the cards and see what was there.

Well, there ya go !

• Options
    jskirwinjskirwin Posts: 700 ✭✭✭
    The description uses RARE 4 times.

I guess that makes it so, huh?

• Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>i decided to go ahead and open it to check the cards and see what was there.

Well, there ya go ! >>

No seller with a1300 feedback 'checks the box to see what's in there'.