Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Free Grading??

I seem to recall that PCGS would give free grading to Registry members if their sets were either 90 or 95% complete. Can anyone provide details??

Also, what is everybody's preferred method of shipping to PCGS....USPS, FEDEX, UPS, etc. Thanks!!
RAD

Comments

• Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On The PCGS Registry Site click on Benefits for the following info:

Free Grading. We recognize that not every coin in every important collection has been graded by PCGS. In order to encourage participation in the PCGS Set RegistrySM program we are offering the following free grading benefits for sets that reach 90% completion:

If the set composition is 1-9 coins you are entitled to 1 free grading.
    If the set composition is 10-24 coins you are entitled to 2 free gradings.
    If the set composition is 25-49 coins you are entitled to 3 free gradings.
    If the set composition is 50-99 coins you are entitled to 4 free gradings.
    If the set composition is 100+ coins you are entitled to 5 free gradings.
    Free gradings are for coins within the set that has reached 90% completion. You should request your free gradings with the intent to either add or upgrade your set with the coins that are being graded for free. You cannot submit the same coin twice for free grades. All coins must be submitted at one time. If your set has reached 90% complete and you have not previously received free grading for this set, please contact setregistry@collectors.com with your name, address and phone number. You will be sent by U.S. mail a submission form to be used exclusively for your free gradings. It is your responsibility to pay for postage and insurance.

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options

<< <i>You cannot submit the same coin twice for free grades >>

Is this a new policy or the way its always been?

I read this as if your set is maybe 98% complete(missing one date) and you have 4 or 5 free gradings to send in that they can't all be the missing date that you need.

Ron