Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Sportscards Trader Magazine cards Question

Just picked up what I think is about 100 issues from issue one to late 90's in great condition. all cards inside are mint and untouched thus far. There are some great names, Mantle, Dimaggio, etc. BUT.... are these worth anything? Does anyone cut them out and grade them or are they just junk that can be sold as panels for pennies.

Chris
"I put my pants on just like you... One leg at a time. The differences is when I put them on, I make gold records."

Comments

• Options
    panels for pennies..........
  • Options
    YOu like that? Panels for pennies! There are card panels inside, uncut. Are they worth anything?
    "I put my pants on just like you... One leg at a time. The differences is when I put them on, I make gold records."
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭
    I have sold several beckett magazine cardswith entire magazine intact however thier value unless its a Mantle,Joe or top superstar(icon) is very low at best.I have recieved up to 10 or 15 dollars with one that has a Mantle inside the magazine other tan that dont expect more than $10 at the very highest at least through my experience.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chris

I always enjoyed the panels inside and I think they were even challenged having to do with copyright infringement or something.

I have some of the mags and think they make great collectibles. Value? Sorry I'm clueless.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    I have many of these that I have had a hard time selling. I bought many lots to pick out the ones with Bill Ripken FF articles. Most of these Baseball Card mags with cards sell for $3 unless you find a specific positive point to focus the sale on and find that right collector. Putting in a ebay store is the way to go as the auction might take 4 tries/weeks to connect with that interested buyer and the seller fees will eat up the profit. Good Luck-Donovan
    imageimageimage