Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Check out this bidding war on ebay!!

Check out this bidding war on ebay!!

Wow !!!!!

Sometimes sellers hit the ebay lotto !

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8383012196&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEBI:IT&rd=1

Sorry this is the only way I know to link !! maybe someone can help?

Comments

• Options
    DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Check out this bidding war on ebay!!

Wow !!!!!

Sometimes sellers hit the ebay lotto !

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=8383012196&amp;rd=1&amp;sspagename=STRK:MEBI:IT&amp;rd=1

Sorry this is the only way I know to link !! maybe someone can help? >>

Link to auction

Or sometimes the seller makes his own lotto!image I don't have any experience with the seller, but in looking at the bidding history, you have this one person "Sorenson" who started bidding it up after $450 and he has 0 feedback. Then "Joseph" starts bidding it up later and he has 0 feedback. It may all be legit, but it does have a certain smell to it.
    Doug
  • Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    Apparently, the testosterone is flowing.
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's about $1301 toooooo much!
  • Options

<< <i>Or sometimes the seller makes his own lotto! I don't have any experience with the seller, but in looking at the bidding history, you have this one person "Sorenson" who started bidding it up after $450 and he has 0 feedback. Then "Joseph" starts bidding it up later and he has 0 feedback. It may all be legit, but it does have a certain smell to it. >>

I don't think so.
    The seller is well know here on the boards and I have dealt with him many times in the past.
    He is just a VERY LUCKY seller who got caught in a bidding war between 2 CRAZY bidders.

Way to go, Larry! image

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The seller is having better luck in that auction than he usually does on the BST.
  • Options
    jcpingjcping Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭
    Amazing. I wish the seller could get the payment with the zero feedback customer is winning the lot image
    an SLQ and Ike dollars lover
  • Options
    dpooledpoole Posts: 5,940 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's just amazing.

Pop 26...with 506 higher!
  • Options
    Amazing!!!

Still rising

Larryimage
  • Options
    INXSINXS Posts: 1,202
    Its ironic because Larry had a 68 go for $700+ just last week. I have also dealt with this seller and he is tops in my book.
    "Well here's another nice mess you have gotten me into" Oliver Hardy 1930

BST successful dealings with:MsMorrisine, goldman86
  • Options
    I just hope Larry gets paid. It's weird that the zero feedback "joseph" has been a member since July '05 and never bought or sold anything, and now he's chasing a Sac!?! For over $1,300? The winner hasn't bought many high-priced items, either - mostly $30 reproductions.

Assuming they're both legitimate, they're both idiots.

Mike
    Coppernicus

Lincoln Wheats (1909 - 1958) Basic Set - Always Interested in Upgrading!
  • Options
    slipgateslipgate Posts: 2,301 ✭✭
    "A fool and their money are soon parted" - of course that applies here, but how did the fools get the money in the first place?
    My Registry Sets! PCGS Registry
  • Options
    He's after another one - for about $1,300 less!!!

PCGS MS66?

Mike

Edit: It's GOLD, it's a proof, and you can get it for $400 w/ free shipping!!
    Coppernicus

Lincoln Wheats (1909 - 1958) Basic Set - Always Interested in Upgrading!
  • Options
    The second auction is clearly NOT a Goodacre!

How and why Larry's coin went for $1,300 I do not know................................................BUT CONGRATS LARRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you get paid.
    (PAST) OWNER #1 SBA$ REGISTRY COLLECTOIN
  • Options
    Hi, DRG! That second auction is a riot, "gold" "proof", "certified", LOL!! The seller is palming it in his picture - a metaphore for slight of hand???

Hi, Larry! I'll add my congratulations on being the recipient of a bidding war. IMHO, the final price is far below where this coin will be once the supply is soaked up. Have my fingers crossed for you!!
    Rob
    Modern dollars are like children - before you know it they'll be all grown up.....

Questions about Ikes? Go to The IKE GROUP WEB SITE
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That second auction is a riot, "gold" "proof", "certified", >>

And he put a reserve on it. image

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭

And this is the reason Glenna Goodacre will NEVER work for the U.S. mint ever again.

Stewart
  • Options
    JoshLJoshL Posts: 656 ✭✭
    That is insane
    I love coins...image
  • Options
    And I thought this one was Nutz. Well there is still 5 days left. At the rate the MS66 sold for this one should top $2k. image
  • Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,706 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "I just hope Larry gets paid. It's weird that the zero feedback "joseph" has been a member since July '05 and never bought or sold anything, and now he's chasing a Sac!?! For over $1,300? The winner hasn't bought many high-priced items, either - mostly $30 reproductions. Assuming they're both legitimate, they're both idiots"

First - I have no doubt Larry ran a 100% totally legit auction. Now, why a -0- rated guy chose to fight for this coin over $700 is anyone's guess. And why the winning bidding chose to pay over $1300? Who knows.

I personally like the MS68 Goodacre coins below $1,000 - in that grade, the coins generally look very attractive. Remember, these coins are considered "presentation pieces" and Kenneth Bressett who is generally ultra, ultra careful about including unusual moderns in the Red Book was comfortable with this one (listing the coin at $400 in MS65 - a grade which is seldom encountered as most coins I have seen are at least MS66 quality). So, it gets "two thumbs up" from me, especially at the sub-$1000 level for MS68.

Wondercoin image
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    That is just CRAZY!
    Working on sig......
  • Options
    Interesting that winner is also high bidder on the MS68 Goodacre, that Tebo has on bay of E. Currently at $1204
  • Options
    Larry is one of the good ones, dealt with him many times before, and I got some real nice coins off him too. Good for you Larry, almost as good as hitting the lottery, now I just hope that you see it....

Dave
  • Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    Amazing; I have 2 PCGS Goodacres in MS68 and I didn't pay $1300 for both of them combined.

So do you think this is shill bidding or just a couple of bidiots?