Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

old becketts..anyone want them???

I'm about to go on a cleaning spree and need to start chucking some things out.

I've saved about every beckett baseball and football monthly i've bought in the last five years. Any of you want any before they go out the window, perhaps with a cover of your favorite player, to fill in a copy you missed, etc.

I don't think they are worth anything but between them and the playboys, the magazine stacks are getting too high. And I sure ain't getting rid of the playboys first.

shawn

Comments

• BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

Anyone else?? I've had a couple of PM's, feel free to do the same.

A lot of SMR's, Beckett's, etc. with covers of Roethlisberger, Pujols, Bonds, the White Sox, etc. are out in the trash tomorrow if no one wants them.

No charge other than shipping costs. LMK

shawn
  • ICE9ICE9 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭
    Hi Shawn - I purged a few years ago and accidently tossed the issue that had an extensive write-up about the 1971 Topps baseball set. I think the article was called "Black Beauties" or something like that. If you have this issue, pls let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Mike
    "Must these Englishmen Live That I Might Die? Must They Live That I Might Die?" - The Blue Oyster Cult
  • jimq112jimq112 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭
    If you have any earlier than 1990 I'd love to have them - maybe send me a price with shipping? I collect them but my old ones were all written in by the jerk who owns them.

LMK thanks!
    Ice, you would have to be a little more specific on the issue as I really don't want to flip through each issue looking.

JimQ112, send me your address via a PM (personal message) and i'll let you know what I have left pre 1990.

I actually through several out a few years ago and was about to do the same again but thought I'd ask all of you first.

There's been a lot of Roethlisberger, Pujols, and Jeter covers in beckett and SMR the last few years and thought a collector of
    these guys might want them.

shawn
  • ICE9ICE9 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭
    Shawn - Sept 2000 with Vlad Guerrero on the cover.

Thanks,

Mike
    "Must these Englishmen Live That I Might Die? Must They Live That I Might Die?" - The Blue Oyster Cult
  • DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭
    Beckett guides with Don Mattingly on the cover.
    "So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
    Just about got rid of everything now. Those who have pm'd me i'll get back with you soon.

shawn