Home Coin Swaps, Tags and Giveaways

Secret Coin Giveaway!!! Winner Announced!!!

So, I figured I would do a giveaway here... Something a little different.

I have a coin. You have to guess it. Date, Mint, and Type. Yes and No questions are allowed, and a guess as to the actual coin also counts. The limit for ALL GUESSES is 50 total. After 50, the giveaway is over, and another one will begin. If someone guesses it, the coin is theres. No more then 5 questions, and 5 guesses per person. I will update the FIRST POST with answers as the questions/guesses come. OK, I HAVE NOTICED AN ERROR, OR ALMOST A TRICK QUESTION. #15, STATES, IS THE COIN MANUFACTURED IN 1888 OR LATER. I TOOK THIS TO MEAN LATER, BEING OLDER... NOT MORE RECENT. THE COIN WAS MINTED BEFORE 1888, I HAVE REMOVED ALL GUESSES RELATED TO ACTUAL COINS AFTER THAT QUESTION.

1. Was/is this denomination of coin ever composed of silver? YES
2. Is this coin less than 100 years old? NO
#. Is this coin more or less than a quarter? Please put the question in a yes or no format.
3. Is it from Europe? NO
4. Is it a US coin minted for cirulation? YES
5. Is this coin still in production today? Denomination... YES. Type... NO
6. 1879s libertyhead NO
7. Is the person depicted on the coin Male? NO
8. 1857 Flying eagle cent Philly NO I actually almost picked this coin. I realized that this coin of mine was not here in SC, however it was in OH, so I picked a different one.
9. 1900 Liberty Head Nickel, Philly NO
10. Is the denomination 20 cents or less? Yes
11. Silver Nickel? NO
12. Is the coin a Mercury Dime? NO
13. Is it a half-dime? NO
14. is it a 3-cent piece? NO
15. Was it manufactured in 1888 or later? Yes, SEE ABOVE
16. 1792 silver center cent? I Wish... NO
17. Is the coin a Rosevelt? NO
18. 1873 1874 dime w arrows NO
19. Is it a San Francisco Mint? NO
20. is it a dime........ YES
21. Was is minted for mor than 3 years? YES
22. The YN says: Is it a bust dime? NO
23. Is it dated between 1860 and 1888? NO
24. Woud it be a 1905 Micro O Dime.............????????? NO
25. Is it a Barbey Dime? NO
26. Is it a Barber dime? NO
27. No Drapery Seated Liberty Dime 1838 (Partial Drapery) ? NO
28. is it a half? NO
29. does the images face look to our right? NO
30. Guess: 1859 seated dime NOPE
31. Was it minted between 1846 and 1860? YES
32. 1857 seated dime! NO
33. Was it minted in Philadelphia? NO
34. 1856-P Small Date Liberty Seated dime? NO
35. My YN says - 1858-O seated dime! NO
36. Guess #4 - 1856-O seated dime Bingo ClayChaser, shoot me a pm with your address. I will have it shipped to your place.

Comments

• RickMilauskasRickMilauskas Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭
    Was/is this denomination of coin ever composed of silver?
  • Is this coin less than 100 years old?
  • GaCoinGuyGaCoinGuy Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭
    Is this coin more or less than a quarter?
    imageimage

• Hmm....

Is it from Europe?
    Want List
    Proud member of the CUFYNA
    Need a Banner Made? PM ME!
  • Is it a US coin minted for cirulation?
    My humble '63 mint registry set, not much, but it's mine!
  • Is this coin still in production today?
    SafeCracker

My Indian Name is: Runs With Beer
  • librtyheadlibrtyhead Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭
    1879s libertyhead
  • Is the person depicted on the coin Male?
    SafeCracker

• ..........1857 Flying eagle cent Philly...........image
  • 1900 Liberty Head Nickel, Philly?
    SafeCracker

• claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    Is the denomination 20 cents or less?

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭
    Silver Nickel?
  • fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Is the coin a Mercury Dime?

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it a half-dime?

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

is it a 3-cent piece?

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

Was it manufactured in 1888 or later?

• 1792 silver center cent.............image
    ......Larry........image
  • Is the coin a Rosevelt?
    Its a foul ball by a fair margin.

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
    My 10 year old YN guesses 1899-O Dime.

Didn't notice it was already guessed.....

Changed....

1902-O Dime

The GIRL YN says 1898-O! Dime!

• 1873 1874 dime w arrows
    ......Larry........image
    Is it a San Francisco Mint?

• is it a dime........
    ......Larry........image
  • I WILL BE BACK ON IN AN HOUR OR SO. KEEP THE ?'S COMING
  • Was is minted for mor than 3 years
    ......Larry........image
    The YN says: Is it a bust dime?

• Im outta here... be back in an hour.
    Our 4th question: Is it dated between 1860 and 1888?

• Woud it be a 1905 Micro O Dime.............?????????
    ......Larry........image
  • Is it a Barbey Dime?

Says the YN
    Want List
    Proud member of the CUFYNA
    Need a Banner Made? PM ME!
  • Is it a Barber dime?
    Cheryl........."She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot." - Mark Twain

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • Is it a Liberty Seated Dime?
    Cheryl........."She was not quite what you would call refined. She was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot." - Mark Twain

Cher-Wood Forest Aviary

POTD - May 26, 2005
  • No Drapery Seated Liberty Dime
    1838 (Partial Drapery) ?
  • Is it a 1837-O, no drapery, seated liberty?
    SafeCracker

• is it a half?
  • Come on guys think about your questions............we only get 50 total!!!!

let's zero in and not throw stupid Q's out to run the 50 limit!!!!
  • #1 does the images face look to our right?

Guess: 1859 seated dime

• RickMilauskasRickMilauskas Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭
    Was it minted between 1846 and 1860?
    Guess #2: 1857 seated dime!

Our 5th and final question: Was it minted in Philadelphia?

• FullStepJeffsFullStepJeffs Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭
    1856-P Small Date Liberty Seated dime?

Steve
    U.S. Air Force Security Forces Retired

In memory of the USAF Security Forces lost: A1C Elizabeth N. Jacobson, 9/28/05; SSgt Brian McElroy, 1/22/06; TSgt Jason Norton, 1/22/06; A1C Lee Chavis, 10/14/06; SSgt John Self, 5/14/07; A1C Jason Nathan, 6/23/07; SSgt Travis Griffin, 4/3/08; 1Lt Joseph Helton, 9/8/09; SrA Nicholas J. Alden, 3/3/2011. God Bless them and all those who have lost loved ones in this war. I will never forget their loss.
    My YN says - 1858-O seated dime!

• << <i>My YN says - 1858-O seated dime! >>

Whats she doing up at this hour??? lol.
    Guess #4 - 1856-O seated dime!

It's only 9:30 in California, no school tomorrow!

1859-O dime?

Guess #2 - 1849-O Dime?