Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Comments

• Options
    Very nice, rbd!! Those are some sharp looking cards!

You know, you're the one that got me started on those OPCs. thanks - I guess... image
    << image >>
  • Options
    Very nice! That Jackson is AWESOME.

Are you hiring?
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    you are an opc pimp...

julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    CON40CON40 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Bob... don't rub it in on that Reggie! I'm starting to wish I kept it. At least I kept the 1/1 PSA 9 Jim Palmer I pulled from the same box. It makes the Reggie look like a rag! image
  • Options
    rbdjr1, have you ever seen the thread Mail Call - If You're Proud - Jump In with a Scan!? It's a place for recent ebay wins and other pickups. It's intention is to cut down posts such as yours that clutter up the boards. Why do you continue to start your own threads showing off your stuff, when you can easily post them in the new items thread? Do you think your stuff somehow warrants its own thread, or are you just an inconsiderate asshole?
  • Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭✭
    Why do many of the threads have to turn in to this kind of stuff (name calling and bashing). If you're new and want to become popular, I suggest that you treat others as you'd want them to treat you instead of trying to make a big splash using negativity.

Don
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
  • Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    regardless of where they're posted, i enjoy seeing rbdjr's wins..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are ways to say something and there are ways to something. Definitely a bad way for a new member to start.

Bob...

Here is the thread the new member refers to. There is nothing wrong with being proud of your purchases. I know I am. This is where a lot of posters put up scans of the purchases they are really proud of. I for one enjoy the cards you post.

Mail Call - If You're Proud - Jump In with a Scan!

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is a nice Reggie Jackson. image

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Why do many of the threads have to turn in to this kind of stuff (name calling and bashing). If you're new and want to become popular, I suggest that you treat others as you'd want them to treat you instead of trying to make a big splash using negativity.

Don >>

Why Don? Simple answer JEALOUSY..

'nuff said
  • Options
    bri2327bri2327 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭
    Great cards !! I missed that Randolph auction...would have loved to add that one to my collection...I didnt realize that " clutter " on the boards was such a huge problem for some....must be rough !!!

Maybe we should begin a new thread on here entitled COURTESY AND ETIQUETTE FOR NEW MEMBERS

Doesnt bother me where the scans are, I thoroughly enjoy them wherever they turn up....keep em coming !!!!
    "The other teams could make trouble for us if they win."
    -- Yogi Berra

• Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

<< <i>rbdjr1, have you ever seen the thread Mail Call - If You're Proud - Jump In with a Scan!? It's a place for recent ebay wins and other pickups. It's intention is to cut down posts such as yours that clutter up the boards. Why do you continue to start your own threads showing off your stuff, when you can easily post them in the new items thread? Do you think your stuff somehow warrants its own thread, or are you just an inconsiderate asshole? >>

You've been a member almost three months and had one post, and this is what you could come up with?? Surely you can do better.

rbdjr1 knows about the other post, he wants to show off his stuff in another way. Nothing wrong with wanting accolades from other members. Truth is, most of his stuff does warrant a thread of it's own. Just because you or I can't afford it, doesn't mean you or I can't post our own threads showing off your favorite $5.00 purchase.

Enjoy it for what it is. They are nice cards. If you don't appreciate them, don't reply to the thread.

Here's hoping your third post is better.

shawn
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Wow, I agree, Robert can create as many threads as he chooses. Do you guys really think SABR is some new guy? has ALT ID written all over it.

While Robert and I have certaintly had out share of flames I think Sabr (or whoever he is) is wayyyyyyyyyyyy outta line.

Steve

Edited to add: Robert nice P/U's

Con40.....great sale!
    Good for you.
  • Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭✭
    How does SABR have alternate ID written all over it? I don't see it.

Don
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    Don.......

with all due respect the guy has 2 posts yet knows all about how and where Robert posts his wins?

he certaintly did not just fall off the turnip truck.

just my opinion. I guess he could have been a reader of these boards for a year and just now decided to join? I doubt it and that is what I meant.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SABR

Very harsh words and unfair to rbd.

Perry and Steve have hit the nail on the head.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    I agree it is alt id.

I also agree that I am jealous that I can't spend quite so much on cards. Nice pick ups as usual. It almost makes me want to buy some OPC.
  • Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>rbdjr1, have you ever seen the thread Mail Call - If You're Proud - Jump In with a Scan!? It's a place for recent ebay wins and other pickups. It's intention is to cut down posts such as yours that clutter up the boards. Why do you continue to start your own threads showing off your stuff, when you can easily post them in the new items thread? Do you think your stuff somehow warrants its own thread, or are you just an inconsiderate asshole? >>

Thanks for the input CLOWN image

I enjoy any and ALL threads that members want to show off new aquisitions. Is this not what we all do? Is this not what the hobby is about? SHOW AND TELL! Mike's thread is the best thread yet for this type of thing and it has caught on like wildfire. Does not mean it is the ONLY place to post new stuff. I would bet "SABR" is a alt ID and is to much of a $ussy to say this with his reg ID.

EDITED to say sorry WIN!!!! You had this punk nailed first image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    Heck

If I bought something really nice - I promise you - it will have a SEPARATE thread - IN LIGHTS - and 55 banners attached!!

Mike
  • Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭

I agree that this is an alt id and while his comments are harsh, I find some merit in what he is saying.

JMO, but I don't flaunt every new purchase with its own thread. I think the occasional new thread is cool and I know many enjoy box break threads, but I also feel the only thing that RBD offers this board is his purchases.

EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    Hmmmm interesting

Zef, If i remm correctly, last week i asked a fellow member if he was so unsatisfied with the level of service that Psa was giving to him why he continued to submit to them. i further asked if it was registry related or somthing to that effect. You then replied to me taht If I did not like what was being said to move along (or somthing like that)

If you do not like Robert posting his wins you can do what you advised me to do and that was to move on and not reply.

If you feel Robert flaunts every purchase with a thread why bother reading them and replying? seems you need to take your own advice.

JMO

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Hmmmm interesting

Zef, If i remm correctly, last week i asked a fellow member if he was so unsatisfied with the level of service that Psa was giving to him why he continued to submit to them. i further asked if it was registry related or somthing to that effect. You then replied to me taht If I did not like what was being said to move along (or somthing like that)

If you do not like Robert posting his wins you can do what you advised me to do and that was to move on and not reply.

If you feel Robert flaunts every purchase with a thread why bother reading them and replying? seems you need to take your own advice.

JMO

Steve >>

Thanks for your advice Steve.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    I agree that the initial post was a rude way of trying to get his/her point across but i do tend to agree with Zef and his opinion. If we all had seperate posts of cards we've won thats all this board would be about. Just my opinion.

Also, that dosen't mean i don't enjoy Roberts cards because i do

Dave
  • Options

<< <i>I agree that this is an alt id and while his comments are harsh, I find some merit in what he is saying.

JMO, but I don't flaunt every new purchase with its own thread. I think the occasional new thread is cool and I know many enjoy box break threads, but I also feel the only thing that RBD offers this board is his purchases. >>

Zef

He has the right to post fifty times a day but that POV is an honest response - but let me balance it - only "he" knows what his true motivation is.

I know, in my heart, when I post a pic - I'm excited about my purchase and want to share it since my wife could care less.

And, I will say, I wondered why some of the items were posted here when they appear to be directed at "registry" related goals.

And, finally, I will say - bringing something of yourself to the table makes the sharing richer for the readers.

That was my biggest problem with Davilillo - multiple posts on all his conquests and threads on pop reports but rarely anything about the item, the quest to attain it, history, scans etc. Heck, I can view past auctions on ebay if I'm interested in what people have purchased, as such.

Consider this a supportive response and doesn't validate the POV since only the poster knows for sure.
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    Actually Jordan It was advice that you gave to me. I agree with you.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>I agree that the initial post was a rude way of trying to get his/her point across but i do tend to agree with Zef and his opinion. If we all had seperate posts of cards we've won thats all this board would be about. Just my opinion.

Also, that dosen't mean i don't enjoy Roberts cards because i do

Dave >>

Valid point Dave - the board could easily become one giant "me wall" of purchases and to be perfectly honest, the $ value is irrelevant.

As I said, we share a little of ourselves in our posts.

Having said that - I don't follow registry threads and am clueless to all the nuances of such a quest - I do appreciate the 1/1 items that are purchased since the search and acquisition is a true prize to someone's set.

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>
    I know, in my heart, when I post a pic - I'm excited about my purchase and want to share it since my wife could care less.

mike >>

Couldnt have said it better. I get really excited and its great to share with people that like and care about the same things image

Matt
  • Options

<< <i>I agree that this is an alt id and while his comments are harsh, I find some merit in what he is saying.

JMO, but I don't flaunt every new purchase with its own thread. I think the occasional new thread is cool and I know many enjoy box break threads, but I also feel the only thing that RBD offers this board is his purchases. >>

ahhhh thats BUNK. It's quite obvious that rbdjr is PASSIONATE about is conquests. Posts scans and is joyous about it. Stop the envy man .... really .... image

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    pandrewspandrews Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭
    in zef's defense, he probably still dislikes the fact that rbdjr's stiffed him on a card.. i would..
    ·p_A·
  • Options
    Hey zef, what do you want? A BLAND message board with the endless "This shipping charge sucks" OR "Where do I get supplies" OR "Geee what do you think THIS will grade" OR "When will my submission post" ????

Is THAT what you like?

rbdjr ...... keep posting what you want man. If you happen to have more money than some of us that is great. It is quite obvious that you are PASSIONATE and NOT self serving

• Options

<< <i>

ahhhh thats BUNK. It's quite obvious that rbdjr is PASSIONATE about is conquests. Posts scans and is joyous about it. Stop the envy man .... really .... image >>

Dan

I want to preface this with - I don't like to see anyone hammered or criticized who's not even on board to defend himself.

I had posted this earlier - his personal feelings about collecting are his own and I'm not sure.

I would infer great passion.

I have a feeling you may know more than I do about this individual.

But, the scans are always directly from ebay - I rescan everything I show - it's time consuming.
    Plus, I think it would be better if one showed a personal scan and kept the prices of items away from the direct viewership of the audience. I can see where some may see this as conspicuous consumption.

I hope I'm not saying this wrong since we are friends and I don't want to be misunderstood.

There may be a thin line between flashing and flaunting ones items. At least, that's what I'm getting from this whole conversation.

mike

Mike
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

I'm sorry that me, listing my wins disturbs you to the point that you could introduce yourself to me and others on this thread with a comment like that?

Well, just to clear-up why I do not post scans on the "mail-call" thread, not that I owe you any explaination at all, but I simply do not know how to post a pic/scan. I tried in vein to learn, but after "a month of Sundays", I just gave-up AND POST LINKS TO A PIC of my auction wins!

I'll try to learn how to post a scan/pic again. As soon as I can, I will get someone "who knows" to come over and personally tutor me correctly. Until then, I'll continue to post my way!

And welcome new member SABR.

And no SABR, I am not an inconsiderate A$&hole. Just another hobbyist that has been collecting, buying and selling rare collectibles for about five decades now. I enjoyed listing my wins here, as I have NEVER POSTED A SINGLE SCAN ON THESE THREADS (Just links!) BECAUSE I DO NOT KNOW HOW!

So SABR, when I do learn to post a scan, I promise I will Be Proud to "Jump In With A Scan".

rbd

edit: SABR, until I learn how to post a scan, please, ...just do not open up my posts, if they bother you that much, SABR. And that goes for anyone else who feels my that my meager three to five posts per week, listing some of my wins on this thread are just "board clutter or inconsiderate postings". Come on guys, just don't bother opening my posts, ok?

...Anyway, just the "ONE AND ONLY" PSA 8 (NONE HIGHER!) Willie Randolph '76 OPC Rookie card, deserved its own post! LOL!

P.S. to stone193.: Mike, earlier I used to only post supersized links, that only showed the PIC and not the auction results. Some here asked me if I could post the "whole link", I guess so they could see the "action of the auction" and I guess, the "pricing action". And I simply I complied to that request!
  • Options

<< <i>Actually Jordan It was advice that you gave to me. I agree with you.

Steve >>

Good to know we are on the same page. image

I don't really care what rbd posts and I usually enjoy seeing the cards. But I did have to agree with some of what the poster said because I do see some merit in it.

Dan-

I enjoy seeing posts and as I said, I even enjoy seeing most ot rbd's posts. I think he got a steal on that 78 Brock. I also don't think anything said will stop rbd from posting his wins. But as Stone said, any time I share a purchase, I take the time to scan it in myself to show it in the light outside of an eBay auction.

I appologize for eliciting such a response and I should have heeded my own advice to Steve and took a pass on posting. But I saw a noobie getting slamed for something that I didn't think he was way off base about.

Bygones.

Edited to add: Now I see why rbd doesn't scan them in and I understand why he posts the auction link.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    rbd

This has been an interesting day.

I will be glad to help you with your scanner and posting on this board any time you would like.

As many have said, you have the right to post all the threads you please on the items that interest you.

And, I, like others have the right to not reply.

I post more than anyone and have created the dumbest threads on the planet!

Some go totally ignored.

I do have to honestly say, I feel better knowing that you don't personally scan for that reason.
    I, personally, do not link the auctions that I purchase even though anyone can look up what I purchased anyway.

I feel bad having talked over your head this afternoon.

I try to see these things from both points of view.
    I think this guy was totally out of line to call you out that way.
    mike
    Mike
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>But I saw a noobie getting slamed for something that I didn't think he was way off base about. >>

Regardless of which point of view is espoused by each of us, the so-called "noobie" could have delivered his point just as clearly without the volatile language. Perhaps use the same iron fist, but encase the thing in a velvet glove or something.

Seems like this thread and hub's sure brought out some feistiness in people.

Geordie

edit: can't spell volatile
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>But I saw a noobie getting slamed for something that I didn't think he was way off base about. >>

Regardless of which point of view is espoused by each of us, the so-called "noobie" could have delivered his point just as clearly without the volitile language. Perhaps use the same iron fist, but encase the thing in a velvet glove or something.

Geordie >>

I agree Geordie.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>

Regardless of which point of view is espoused by each of us, the so-called "noobie" could have delivered his point just as clearly without the volitile language. Perhaps use the same iron fist, but encase the thing in a velvet glove or something.

Geordie >>

this was no noobie. No doubt in my mind a ALT Id.

By the way, zef, I read all of your crap too. You post some good stuff image

Sorry, nothing personal image

• Options

No prob Dan. I have always liked your 78's posts, scans and brakes!

EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>this was no noobie. No doubt in my mind a ALT Id. >>

I won't argue that point - probably was. Not sure why the real ID wasn't used. Personally, if I had a strong belief in something and was going to say something inflammatory, why hide behind an alt ID? Come out and say it, take your lumps, and move on. Kinda like some of the opinions over on the Hub thread - very strongly worded, downright nastily said, but said out loud with everyone knowing exactly who was saying what.

Geordie
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭
    I've read all the postings, and found it interesting what has been posted today!

I cannot believe that me posting my wins here, either on the "mail call thread" or otherwise, would merit so many responses, as this latest posting did.

Heck, the majority of my "look my latest win" postings, never even get more than one or two responses, and many do not even get a single response.

Once or twice every month or so, someone responds to me asking, why do I "honk my own horn"? And every time when a response like that happens, it seems another person responds to me, how much they enjoy me listing my "wins".

I thought that important for me to mention here.

Not only do I enjoy posting my wins here, it seems others also enjoy it, so I think? So to the 1/2 dozen or so of you that are bothered with my 3 to 5 weekly postings of my wins, pleeeeeze get over it, ok?

rbd

edit: I do appreciate all the passionate posts in my defense today. Thanks but most of you were not just coming to my rescue here, but were, in my opinion, just putting your "common sense" two-cents in here.

What may be me just, "honking my own horn" here by my doing "3-5 win postings weekly", is not the point. This is a thread with hundreds of individuals, that are free to post what they desire.

The post that really hurt was from zef204, stating I do not bring much to this thread other than my "win posts". zef204, I do try to post interesting responses and feel I contribute something to this thread, other than listing my wins, and I disagree with you (zef204) that I bring nothing to these threads other than my wins.

Maybe you (zef204), just do not seem to read them, but thats ok with me!

• Options

<< <i>I won't argue that point - probably was. Not sure why the real ID wasn't used. Personally, if I had a strong belief in something and was going to say something inflammatory, why hide behind an alt ID? Come out and say it, take your lumps, and move on. Kinda like some of the opinions over on the Hub thread - very strongly worded, downright nastily said, but said out loud with everyone knowing exactly who was saying what.

Geordie >>

Exactly! Only a $ussy hides behind a different name. No new member with ONE previous post comes on and says this kind of crap. Warranted or not ...

• Options
    rbdjr, for goodness sake man. Learn how to scan and post! It is easier than taking a leak ..... image

• Options

<< <i>Only a $ussy.... >>

OK, I had a real slow moment just now. Thought to myself: "what's a sussy?" Yikes, what an idiot!
  • Options
    Where is DBH to DEBATE wheter it was an alt ID or not???
    (this was in reference to another thread image)
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭✭
    << I know, in my heart, when I post a pic - I'm excited about my purchase and want to share it since my wife could care less.

mike >>

<Couldnt have said it better. I get really excited and its great to share with people that like and care about the same things

Matt>

Uh, Matt, I think I speak for the majority of this board when I say that we do not like nor care about tuxedo-speedo-wearing men with pierced nipples. I'm just sayin' . . .

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Uh, Matt, I think I speak for the majority of this board when I say that we do not like nor care about tuxedo-speedo-wearing men with pierced nipples. I'm just sayin' . . . >>

image >>

Okay enough pics of shirtless homos (no offense to any on board) heres your fav back to say hi. Enjoy image

Matt

• Options
    I come over here from the Coin and Open Forums every so often just to look at peoples cards. I have cards that I haven't added to since 1990 or 91 but still enjoy the beauty of a good sports card. I have asked a few questions here and have always received couteous answers and polite treatment. I like this Forum.

"Im not young enough to know everything."
    Oscar Wilde

Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.