Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Please allow me....

To introduce myself. Hello to all of you fellow collectors out there. My name is Pat and I'm 51 years old. I started collecting baseball cards in 1960 at the ripe old age of 6, and guess what...MY MOM DIDN"T THROW OUT MY CARDS.
I have complete sets from 1957 thru around 1990 (except for some 66 and 67 high numbers). I pretty much got burned out on trying to keep up with the new stuff in the early 90's. Also have most of 54 and 55 Bowman sets and about half way on 51 Bowman and 52 Topps. I collect in the raw ER.... I mean I collect raw cards. I have in the past sent in few cards to PSA for grading.
Anyway I have enjoyed reading the posts in this forum for quite some time now and decided I'd like to participate. You guys seem to have a lot of fun and also provide a lot of assistance and knowledge to everyone.
So, again hello to everyone.

P.S. I'd like to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIKE. We're practically neighbors. I'm in Floresville.

Comments

• Options

<< <i>MY MOM DIDN"T THROW OUT MY CARDS. >>

What's her number - it may not be too late! imageimage

Welcome Pat! Glad you decided to join in.
    << image >>
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image Pat!

It's great to have another south-Texan here...I'm in Schertz image

Nice car by the way! My first car was a '66 Mustangimage

Steve

PS...with that opening line of yours I was wondering somethin'.....

Are you a man of wealth and taste? image
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    65FB

First, Welcome!!!

And thanx for the kind words on my birthday!!!

I'm older!!! image

When I first saw your ID - I was gonna ask you to post a pick of your 65 FB - very sharp! Have you seen where this year's mustang is taking on the classic look?

OK - OT - when the first mustang came out in 63.5 - I was drooling all over it and my dad responded immediately....with a kleenex! image

Well, I gave my son a mustang when he started senior year - he pretty much trashed it - kids today...

Sorry for the mental lapse...

Sounds like you have quite the collection...I don't collect cards as much anymore...for that matter, the ONLY thing I've been collecting is dust...and pretty much that's it till further notice!

So, don't be a stranger and good luck.
    your friend
    mike

PS: if you're interested in a fun modern set - jump in for the Topps Heritage! You can always raid walmart and target every nite! LOL
    Mike
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome Pat, Glad to have you. There are alot of great guys on this board and we all seem to get along great. I think you will enjoy your stay.

One thing we have to get out of the way is your ceremonial beating (all new members HAVE to go through it). If you survive you can keep your cards. If not they will be divided up into lots and given out to various board members.

So step up like a man and get what you got coming image Again welcome from all your new friends.

Matt
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image Mike image

Steve
  • Options
    Thanx Steve

Matt

I think you forgot that he can a PSA 8 common from any set pre-1960 in lieu of the ceremonial beating to one of the elder statesman of the boards!

Mike
  • Options
    BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭
    image aboard Pat

shawn
  • Options
    lostdart58lostdart58 Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭
    Welcome Pat.........please do not ever mention being naked and collecting cards in the same sentence again!!!imageimage
    Collector of:Baseball
    1955 Bowman Raw complete with 90% Ex-NR or better

Now seeking 1949 Eureka Sportstamps...NM condition
    Working on '78 Autographed set now 99.9% complete -
    Working on '89 Topps autoed set now complete

• Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭✭
    <<One thing we have to get out of the way is your ceremonial beating (all new members HAVE to go through it). If you survive you can keep your cards. If not they will be divided up into lots and given out to various board members. >>

Don't pay any attention to him Pat, he just likes to show off his collection of naked men photos.

• Options

<< <i>Thanx Steve

Matt

I think you forgot that he can a PSA 8 common from any set pre-1960 in lieu of the ceremonial beating to one of the elder statesman of the boards!

image >>

What? You dont want to join in the fun? image

Matt
  • Options
    Damn, I'm screwed. I don't think any of my pre60 cards would grade 8's. Maybe some 6's or 7's though.
  • Options
    Wait, does the beating have to be from that dude in the picture or could it be from that wrestling girl on Dancing with the Stars?
  • Options
    Oh yeah--- 65Fastback, great car. Do you still have it?

matt
  • Options

<< <i>Wait, does the beating have to be from that dude in the picture or could it be from that wrestling girl on Dancing with the Stars? >>

Sorry to disappoint. It has to be from the dude in the photo. This is to ensure we all get some nice cards. Dont worry, they will be in great hands image

Matt
  • Options
    yeah, still have it. I'm in the process of redoing the interior right now. Thanks
  • Options

<< <i>yeah, still have it. I'm in the process of redoing the interior right now. Thanks >>

I know that story well. I have a 1971 Camaro that I dropped $10,000 in engine stuff, bought all new interior, new body panels, bumpers, suspension...you get the idea. Its a complete car if you put everything together. I have had it since 1994 in my garage. I need to get my butt out there and put it back together but just cant get into it anymore.

matt
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>yeah, still have it. I'm in the process of redoing the interior right now. Thanks >>

I know that story well. I have a 1971 Camaro that I dropped $10,000 in engine stuff, bought all new interior, new body panels, bumpers, suspension...you get the idea. Its a complete car if you put everything together. I have had it since 1994 in my garage. I need to get my butt out there and put it back together but just cant get into it anymore.

matt >>

yeah, the cost is right up there with collecting cards.
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    welcome aboard....

if you have set from 57-90 in the raw, expect a personal phone call from Joe Orlando regarding the increased value of those cards being in a fine psa holder!

all kidding aside, scans please?

Julen
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭✭
    <<I know that story well. I have a 1971 Camaro that I dropped $10,000 in engine stuff, bought all new interior, new body panels, bumpers, suspension...you get the idea.>>

Dang Matt, I know you landscapers do well, but $10,000 into a Camaro, plus all those unopened boxes and grading fees. I didn't know how you afforded all that, until you posted the photo of your night job:

• Options
    Nice mustang. Here's one my Dad gave my daughter for her 16th birthday. You can guess what happened to it.
  • Options

<< <i>Nice mustang. Here's one my Dad gave my daughter for her 16th birthday. You can guess what happened to it. >>

what a shame. that car was nice. my son is 20 but he's going to have to wait a while before he gets it.
  • Options

<< <i>welcome aboard....

if you have set from 57-90 in the raw, expect a personal phone call from Joe Orlando regarding the increased value of those cards being in a fine psa holder!

all kidding aside, scans please?

Julen >>

here's a couple for you Julen
    imageimage
  • Options

Welcome!

• Options
    Please, please dont tell anyone. image

matt
  • Options

Those are very nice 57Ts.

On the car scene - we had a 56 Buick Roadmaster - wouldn't mind having one - two tone - white and blue or something like that.

Good luck on restoring the interior of your FB.

mike
    Mike