Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What?!?#@??!!@#@

I know we've talked about this before but some of these auctions leave me shaking my head.

1955 Hank Aaron PSA 8

The title of course is one thing. The description then says 1955 topps psa 8. What follows??

You guessed it. The description then says simply 'this card is not graded by psa'

WTF bother? I know it's keyword spamming but.......

It seems ebay would let me list a 1965 mustang in ebay motors, completely describe the vehicle and it's mileage and condition, and then in one little line somewhere in the description, mention "it's only a picture of the car" or "it's actually just a matchbox"

The whole purpose, of course, is to either fool somebody or waste my time.

shawn

Comments

• Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭✭
    Worse yet, look at this Snider from the same loser. He uses PSA 8 in the title, shows a scan of a PSA graded card, and has a line at the very end of his auction which says "NON-GRADED CARD". I have no idea what the winner of this auction will get, but I know you can get a PSA 5 Snider for under the current bid on this item.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, it is like the old PSA 9 in the title only to find out it is realy PSA 9OC. That one really irks me.

Stingray
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Does the winner really think he is going to get a PSA 8 1955 Topps Snider for 200.00??????????????????

Steve

Kirk

what this guy is doin is a lot worse than titleing PSA 9 only to see a 9oc .................this guy is stating the card is a PSA 8 when in fact it is not even graded. In some cases he is actually showing PSA graded card too.

Good for you.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Does the winner really think he is going to get a PSA 8 1955 Topps Snider for 200.00??????????????????

Steve

Kirk

what this guy is doin is a lot worse than titleing PSA 9 only to see a 9oc .................this guy is stating the card is a PSA 8 when in fact it is not even graded. In some cases he is actually showing PSA graded card too. >>

• Options
    simple ebaY listing violation;

Keyword spamming occurs when members place brand names or other inappropriate keywords in a title or description for the purpose of gaining attention or diverting members to a listing. Keyword spamming in listings is not permitted on eBay. The text sellers place in listings must be directly relevant to the item being sold.

reported
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All this misrepresentation...

It really gets old - is this Kelly a PSA 10 or a 3?

I don't trust like I used to?
    mike

Mike
  • Options
    Mike, Christina will always be a 10 in my book! image

Bob C.
    57 Topps (83%) 7.61
    61 Topps (100%) 7.96
    62 Parkhurst (100%) 8.70
    63 Topps (100%) 7.96
    63 York WB's (50%) 8.52
    68 Topps (39%) 8.54
    69 Topps (3%) 9.00
    69 OPC (83%) 8.21
    71 Topps (100%) 9.21 #1 A.T.F.
    72 Topps (100%) 9.39
    73 Topps (13%) 9.35
    74 OPC WHA (95%) 8.57
    75 Topps (50%) 9.23
    77 OPC WHA (86%) 8.62 #1 A.T.F.
    88 Topps (5%) 10.00
  • Options

<< <i>Worse yet, look at this Snider from the same loser. He uses PSA 8 in the title, shows a scan of a PSA graded card, and has a line at the very end of his auction which says "NON-GRADED CARD". I have no idea what the winner of this auction will get, but I know you can get a PSA 5 Snider for under the current bid on this item. >>

This guy is a piece of SH!T and should be removed from life as well as eBay.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    From life? that is a tad harsh IMO.

How about he gets flogged?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    Steve,

Hmmmm. I may be able to compromise. How many floggings are we talking about here? And are these the "Singapore-quality Floggings?"