Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

New member and starting a Nolan Ryan Set

I am a new member to CU but I have learned a lot from a bunch of you guys. I am hoping to have a great collection but I know that it is going to take some years. I do have one question to the other Nolan Ryan guys about when they are going to update the sets to reflect the more current cards? Any help or questions please let me know.
Steve
Steve

I am looking to build my already growing Collection of the "GREATEST PITCHER IN MLB HISTORY" Nolan Ryan, DUH!!!

I have just started to collect Autographed memorabilia that I have gotten in person.

ebay id: Scuba_steve19
Texas5pt0@hotmail.com

Comments

• Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RyanFan34...

I am a Ryan collector but I don't have a registered set, but if I'm not mistaken it was decided that the Registry set will have a compilation of the cards during Ryan's playing career only. So that wouls be 1966-1994, if I'm not mistaken.

Con40 who has had the top Ryan registered set for the last 4 years would be able to answer your questions in more detail. As I said I don't have a registered set, but including all the newer cards to the registry set would make trying to complete the set nearly impossible especially since most people would not want to spend $5.00 to grade a card that books at a dollar or less.

Hope this explanation helps.

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    RyanFan34...

If you want some history as to how the Nolan Ryan registry set was developed you can read the Nolan Ryan Thread from the beginning. It will explain some of the decisions that were made by some of the members that have or had registered sets. Being a Ryan collector you may want to read it anyways as it is very informative and quite entertaining. At least it was for me. Hears a link to it.

Nolan Ryan Thread

Donato
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

• Options
    RyanFan34...

By the way, I like your avatar, that has Ryan giving Ventura a beat down.

Donato

• Options
    CON40CON40 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Steve;

Donato's right. The Ryan sets will only reflect cards up to 1994 (year after retirement). Everything after that is considered a "tribute" card by the Registry (for all players) and isn't eligible.

As far as adding new cards (pre-1994) you can make requests, but it takes about 3 months to see them included. Don't ask why. I think it has something to do with quartile equnoxes or something.
  • Options
    I just have a question for everyone. Who are the best people to buy graded Nolan Ryan cards from off of ebay? any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Steve

I am looking to build my already growing Collection of the "GREATEST PITCHER IN MLB HISTORY" Nolan Ryan, DUH!!!

I have just started to collect Autographed memorabilia that I have gotten in person.

Texas5pt0@hotmail.com
  • Options
    I have some Nolan Ryan's up this week for auction and in my store, ebay id: king77. Here is a link for my ebay store My Auctions

Sorry for the spam guys.

Thanks!

Mike
  • Options
    I will be sure to check them out. I will put them on my watch list.
    Steve

Texas5pt0@hotmail.com
  • Options
    CON40CON40 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Steve;
    For the most part, you'll find lots of inventory with 4 Sharp Corners often with very reasonable BIN prices... others to watch regularly would be DSL, Eaglescards, our own Mudflap (seems to be having a true ol' fashion sell off), and occasionally Beefmaster for raw and rarer stuff (albeit at higher prices).
  • Options
    I just acquired 5 more Ryans from ebay at a total of about $25. I am waiting for the reply back from Black10inch (ebay ID). luckily he lives here in Phoenix too so I saved money on the shipping. When I get them they will be on the registry.
    Steve

Texas5pt0@hotmail.com