Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Where can I find a loupe?

I am looking for a loupe so that I can inspect my cards closer before I send them in to get graded. Where can I find one of these and how much?
Steve
Steve

I am looking to build my already growing Collection of the "GREATEST PITCHER IN MLB HISTORY" Nolan Ryan, DUH!!!

I have just started to collect Autographed memorabilia that I have gotten in person.

ebay id: Scuba_steve19
Texas5pt0@hotmail.com

Comments

• Options
    zef204zef204 Posts: 4,742 ✭✭
    eBay is a good place...

I would go for a 10x magnification. I like the one you put in your eye, but there are tons of hand helds as well.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    thanks and is there a certain brand and what else should i look for in one?
    Steve
    Steve

I am looking to build my already growing Collection of the "GREATEST PITCHER IN MLB HISTORY" Nolan Ryan, DUH!!!

I have just started to collect Autographed memorabilia that I have gotten in person.

Texas5pt0@hotmail.com
  • Options

Brands vary, just get one from a guy with good feedback.

Some guys swear by the ones with the light, I didn't like that. You can't beat looking at card in sunlight.

As far as what else, think abou how you would like to use it, handheld or in the eye socket. Not sure how many more choices there are besides how it is held and the mag. Let us know specifics if you get held up on a certain point.
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    cool thanks.
    Steve
    Steve

Texas5pt0@hotmail.com
  • Options

No prob, and welcome to the board. That Ryan/Ventura photo is one of my favorite pics out there. image
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    yeah i have the framed 8x10 with auto on my wall with the plaque under the pic that says "Don't Mess With Texas".
    Steve
    Steve

Texas5pt0@hotmail.com
  • Options

<< <i>yeah i have the framed 8x10 with auto on my wall with the plaque under the pic that says "Don't Mess With Texas".
    Steve >>

Especially if you are 5'8 and charging Nolan Ryan. You would think a little voice would have gone off in his head and said, "Psst, Robin. This is a bad idea."
    EAMUS CATULI!

My Auctions
  • Options
    yeah Nolan is a tough SOB. Just like he got hit by the line drive by Bo Jackson and ended up pitching for a few more innings.
    Steve

Texas5pt0@hotmail.com
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    I believe 707 carries loupes...jay
  • Options
    jayhawkejayhawke Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I believe 707 carries loupes >>

yeah, but he would have to pay multiple SMR for the loupe.
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    if you are going to buy a loupe, let me recommend a ZEISS D40

you should be able to find one on ebay or via google. They are not cheap but they blow the 10-20.00 loupes out of the water for viewing.
  • Options
    We're only looking for corner and edge wear, not bacteria. I wouldn't waste money on anything expensive. I picked up a 3-pack of cheap plastic loupes (2.5X/5X/10X) at a dollar store.
  • Options
    i got a plastic 10x loupe on e-bay for $2.99, Also invested $12 bucks on a small halogen desk lamp. Both have been invaluable !

• Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I believe 707 carries loupes >>

yeah, but he would have to pay multiple SMR for the loupe. >>

A cheap jewelers loupe will do the trick, along with a bright halogen desk lamp, as mentioned. I bought my loupe at a show a while back for $10, and I'm sure Ebay is loaded with similar 10X loupes for the same price.
  • Options
    Thank you all for the great feedback. This helps out a whole lot. So then I should probably get one that is 10X?
    Thanks,
    STeve
    Steve

Texas5pt0@hotmail.com
  • Options
    Produce department of your local grocery store.

I don't think they're in season, though.