• Options
    tennesseebankertennesseebanker Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭
    Big box of saltines and more Hoop Cheese !image

• Options
    My breakfast:
    Fry up a half-pound of bacon - crispy.
    Boil 6 eggs - hard.
    Bake biscuits.
    Use the bacon grease to make gravy. Add crumpled bacon bits, and chopped boiled eggs.

Pour the gravy/bacon/eggs over the biscuits!! MMMMmmmmmm!!!

(BTW, the above is a recipe for two.)
    << image >>
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

BE CAREFUL Mucky, I enjoy you on the boards image

matt
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    TB- Where did you get your hoop cheese?

That actually sounds pretty good mutt.
  • Options
    Matt - no problems on the arteries. There's a lot of factors besides one good meal that affect it. I figured I deserved that today after all the snow shoveling and the walk to the PO this morning in 15 degrees below zero weather. image

Now for a nice nap... zzzzzzzzz See ya later.
    << image >>
  • Options
    I used too get my hoop cheese from an old country store out in the middle of nowhere. The store still had an old punch cash register and you could actually reach into a cooler(the kind that was flat with a sliding door on top) and get soft drinks out. The owner used to cut meat and cheese with one of those old deli slicers,it had wood floors, the works. It was in a small community where my dad grew up and I go back and help him mow our old church yard twice a month during the summer. Anyway we used to stop in there for lunch and get a sandwhich with cheese on it or eat just cheese and crackers. They tore the store down last year after about 85 years in business. It was sad to see, My dad grew up down the road from it and I had always enjoyed going in when I visited grandma. A real piece of Americana that store. My dad and I went in on the last day it was open, before the demolishing began, and found out that my great grandfather actually sold the land to the original store owner. Now I just buy my hoop cheese from Wal -Mart.

• Options

<< <i>Now I just buy my hoop cheese from Wal -Mart. >>

Man, that can hardly taste as good. That's a great story TB.
    << image >>
  • Options

<< <i>It was in a small community where my dad grew up and I go back and help him mow our old church yard twice a month during the summer. >>

Now your talking my kinda language image

matt
  • Options
    Yes LMM, I have been helping him mow since I was old enough to walk. I used to do it for the money , now I just do it to make sure he doesnt hurt himself or have a stroke out there mowing. He will be 76 this year and the man can still work me to death. Up until a few years ago we mowed with an old John Deere(forgot the model) that thing finally played out and we got a new Kubota.
    So hey if you ever need any help give me a call.

• Options
    Kubota, good choice. If you ever plan on moving to Florida, I could always use the help. I have been working by myself this past year. My employee quit right before fall this year. I was really happy though because I dont like bad attitudes plus all that extra $ is going right into the business checking account. Which of course is a good thing. This summer might be brutal but I have done it before. image

Matt
  • Options
    I know what you mean I have had to do the "old church yard and cemetary" by myself. The mowing wasnt that bad, but trimming around over 100 tombstones kinda wears your arm out. We do that then ride our mowers across the road and mow a 3 plus acre yard, with a pond. It usually takes us about four hours with two mowers.image