Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Now this 1948 Leaf Musial is something you don't see everyday.

"blueless" Mastronet '48 Leaf Musial

I've never seen a colorless background on any '48 Leaf card. The fact that it's Musial might make for an interesting closing price. Has anyone else seen this variation before??

Comments

• Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    I've never seen a white BG Leaf (at least in the baseball sets, they're standard in the boxing set) but color variations are very common in the easier series of 49- I've got about a dozen, including 4 different color variations of one card. I'd be surprised if this went for more than a few dollars more than a standard Leaf Musial.
    Looks a bit like a Wilson Frank card, minus the flying weinies.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I've never seen a white BG Leaf (at least in the baseball sets, they're standard in the boxing set) but color variations are very common in the easier series of 49- I've got about a dozen, including 4 different color variations of one card. I'd be surprised if this went for more than a few dollars more than a standard Leaf Musial.
    Looks a bit like a Wilson Frank card, minus the flying weinies. >>

<< <i>Looks a bit like a Wilson Frank card, minus the flying weinies >>

That's pretty good Griff! I agree.

Actually, I kind of like the card this way.

RH
    Are you doing the set?

I once considered doing the set back around 1989 but did the Donruss instead. image

mike
    Mike
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I once considered doing the set back around 1989 but did the Donruss instead. image

mike >>

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

No wonder he is considered one of the all time greats!

Never realized how small the ball was back then ...

Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    RedHeart54RedHeart54 Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭

<< <i>RH. Are you doing the set? >>

No, but I always try to track the activity of the Leaf Musial rookies. I own an 8.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭
    Technically it's not his rookie. Leafs were issued in early '49, despite what the standard catalog says. His '48 Bowman predates his Leaf by almost a year.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's